Scene 11 - Experiments

Vanessa eats her revolting slop on her own. She disgusts at it, trying not to think of the taste of the food. Two more guards approach her.

Guard 1:

Ms. Pur? Would you come this way?

Vanessa:

What for?

Guard 1:

Please, ma'am?

Vanessa is taken away by the guards. We see them proceed through another corridor inside the complex.

Vanessa:

Where are we going?

Guard 1:

You are first up for your health inspection.

Vanessa:

Already? But we only just got here.

Guard 1:

We have our orders too, Ms. Pur. We're just carrying them out.

A sliding door reveals a huge laboratory with much delicate and scientific equipment. Equipment remains encased in glass, with computer consoles across the laboratory. Experiments in jars and sealed containments are dotted throughout, as well as mechanical technology such as screws, futuristic gadgets, laser cutters, wheels, metal objects and other machinery. We see inside behind a glass sheet a gigantic, robotic mechanical man. Huge in stature, and incredibly bulky in its limbs and head, the robot has a large shredder built into the front of its enormous torso. The tall and thick head has eyes that allow vision to be detected, and a mouth created for it too. The metallic steel of the robot highlights the machine's incredible strength. Possessing six arms, the top arms feature normal style hands, with the capability of punching through any object or at least damaging it. The other set are drillers for the arms, whereas the bottom set are razor-sharp cutters, capable of snapping through bone.

The adaptions of the robot are better described by the dialogue. We do see the glass of a brain above the robot's opened top head. As such, this metallic man is a cyborg. It catches the eye in particular of Vanessa. Two dedicated, diligent scientists with white coats work tirelessly at their desks, engineering technical components with delicate equipment. This is the overweight, bald and OTT Dr. Az with a humourous, mad-scientist style accent to his voice. His assistant, Dr. Droyzeck is a German who complies with Az's needs. He too underscores tones of eccentric thinking and ways of understanding. The guards stop the Doctors for Vanessa's check-up.

We have the subject, Doctor.

Dr. Az:

Ah! Excellent! Excellent! Dr. Droyzeck will complete tests on it. I am too busy right now.

Vanessa:

It?

Guard 1:

Just let the Doctor check you over.

Dr. Droyzeck:

Come along now. Come along. Show me your wrists.

She sits down reluctantly. Droyzeck takes a stethoscope and equipment to read her pulse and health.

Vanessa:

I would be better off if the food you served was a little nicer to have.

Dr. Droyzeck:

You get all forms of energy and nutrients you need to live. What more do you need?

Vanessa stares at the robot.

Vanessa:

What is that thing in there?

Dr. Droyzeck: