Hold My Hand, Feel the Touch of Your Body Cling to Mine Pt. 1

Pretend the picture is from 2001 instead of 2002 cause this is the only good one i could use for this

This is a fluff chapter, despite the title being lyrics from Break of Dawn.

So uhhh.. enjoy ig. This one's for u HHEARTXBREAKERR_ since ik u wanted a cuddling imagine

New York City, New York, November 2001

*First Person POV*

My head was resting on Michael's chest as I listened to his calm breathing above me, him being too invested in his book to pay me any mind. I was fine with that, though, because his presence was enough for me.

After a while, he got bored of the book and rest it on the nightstand, taking off his reading glasses and putting them beside it. His hands came to rest on his thighs awkwardly, for he was always reluctant to engulf me in a tight embrace in fear he'd somehow crush me or I'd reject his hugs. His scrawny ass couldn't crush a bug, but no matter how many times I told him that and that I would never turn down a hug from him, he'd still never listen.

"Michael, honey, you can hold me. I promise it's fine," I reassured him, tilting my head up to look into his mesmerizing chocolate brown eyes. His eyes made contact with mine, and I swear I felt butterflies. "Even after 8 years this man still makes me nervous."

He smiled, though his eyes didn't look as happy as they would've when he smiled years ago. Hesitantly, arms wrapped around my middle, making me feel safe and protected. My head leaned into his chest further, trying to be as close to him as possible.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?" I asked him while toying with the bottom buttons on his nightshirt.

He shook his head before responding, "No, you know I don't get nervous, girl."

I rolled my eyes, not even being able to retort and say he was being cocky because what he said was true. Michael almost never got nervous, even in the weirdest of circumstances. He could be performing in front of the whole world and ooze confidence still, which was always a trait I wish I had.

"Not even a little bit? This is the first signing event you've done."

"Well if you keep talking like that I will be. But no, I'm not nervous. I love my fans, and I'm excited to see them," his eyes bore into mine as he responded, smiling slightly at the thought of his fans. The grip he had on my waist tightened as he started to whisper-sing some of the lyrics to "Break of Dawn," rocking us back and forth to the music he was creating.

I turned around to face him, sitting in between his thighs as we continued our mini staring contest. He kept singing, this time a little louder, making me smile.

Unexpectedly, I pushed him down onto the bed and his eyes widened, but he bit his lip all the same. I laughed and rolled away from him, his eyes following my every movement. "You really thought you were boutta get some?" I questioned, still laughing.

"Whatever girl. Quit playing so much." He yanked me back over to him, pushing my head down to lay on him. His chin brushed the top of my head slightly as he turned to look at the clock. "We better head to sleep soon."

"This early? Michael, it's 10:36."

"Yes this early, you know I need all my beauty rest."

"Beauty rest needs you, babe." His right hand held my left and his other rubbed down my back. He started singing again until my statement hit him, and he paused to question what I meant.

"What's that supposed to mean? Am I so ugly that beauty rest needs to help me?"

I mentally facepalmed, shaking my head at his obliviousness.

"No, it's like-" I paused, trying to get my words together so I didn't offend him more. He cocked one of his perfectly arched brows at me, his face expressing slight hurt. "It just means you're already so pretty there's nothing more they can do for you."

"Oh..." he trailed off, his face showing slight embarrassment at his conclusion jumping.

"You're far from ugly Applehead."

"You could tell me that a billion times and I'd still never believe you."

"Well how about I start now?"

And so I kept filling his head with compliments and praises, embarrassing him to the highest degree, until we both drifted off to sleep in each other's arms.

This was short, but I didn't really have much I wanted to add into this one. Maybe I'll revamp it one day, idk

anyways, hope u enjoyed and all that jazz

Till next time...