Nightmare

HIIIIII this yall first time seeing smth from me in AWHILE and i apologize for that i had absolutely NO motivation to write

i wrote this one for my lovely daughter 7SeasOfRaye who wouldnt stop bothering me abt thrad era cuddling fluff. nonetheless, ilysm sar <3333

Perth, Australia, October 1985

*Third Person POV*

Michael and yourself had just appeared on The Perth Telethon that was raising funds for children's health and protection. He was very excited to not only attend but also to bring you along since it would be your first time going overseas. The long flight there was nerve-racking for you but Michael's comforting hold on you most of the flight was enough to keep you from fully freaking out.

The driver dropped you both and your bodyguards off at the hotel you would be staying at for the next few days. You pushed through the hordes of fans screaming your boyfriend's name. You had no idea how he endured all of the noise seeing as you were just getting used to the spotlight. You'd been together for around half a year but Michael tried to keep you from the media's scrutinizing eye as long as he could.

He led you into the elevator and came to hug and lean on you, putting almost his whole weight on you as if he wasn't heavy as hell. You stumbled back into the wall with him still clinging to you like he was Bubbles. "I'm tired," he murmured into your shoulder.

"Me too, bub. Just be patient we can get some sleep soon." At your words, a different vibe entered the air and persisted as you walked through the door, even as you both went off to separate rooms of the suite to change. 

Though you were pretty far into your relationship you'd never shared a bed, the reason for this being Michael wanting to take things slow. You respected his choices and wanted to wait until he was comfortable, which was apparently now. 

He climbed into bed next to you clad in ducky pajama bottoms and a white t-shirt. You both lay on your stomachs and faced each other, saying your "I love you's" before drifting off to sleep. He still seemed tense even while asleep, but his tired state paid it no mind. 

****

You awoke to shuffling noises from across the room and looked over to the clock on the nightstand. It read 2:33 in blinking red letters. Temporarily it distracted your dazed state before you looked over to the large window to see your boyfriend Michael looking out of the window wearing a meditative expression and a few lonely tears.

"Michael..." you cooed so he wouldn't be startled. He turned around to face you as you walked over to him, more at ease just hearing your voice.

"I didn't mean to wake you, you can go back to bed if you want," he whispered but with the tone in his voice, he couldn't even convince himself. "I take it back. Stay with me."