Prologue: The Beginning of a New Friendship

"Good morning!" A young nine-year-old boy with purple hair that goes down to his neck and olive green eyes cheered, running down the stairs.

"Morning, Dusk, someone excited today," A woman with purple hair tied into a bun and olive green eyes said, smiling said, poking her head out of the kitchen. She was wearing a light blue shirt, and red skirt, and green slippers.

This woman was none other than Melanie Wataru, the young boy's mother called Dustin. She is a Pokemon breeder who owns Wataru's breeding center, where she breeds Chamander, Bulbasuar, and Squirtle, which Professor Oak gives out as the three starter Pokemon as well breeds other Pokemon.

"Well, of course, big sister comes home today from her journey later on today," The boy said with a giant smile on his face."Until then, I will play explorer in the forest in the back of the house."

"Breakfast first, Dustin," Melanie said. "Then you can play outside.

"Alright," Dustin said, heading into the kitchen and sitting down at the table as his mother placed a plate of waffles, bacon, and eggs in front of him. "This looks good. Thanks for breakfast."

"You're welcome, son," She said as she placed a bowl of pokemon food in front of her Flareon before sitting down to eat her own breakfast.

"Good morning to you as well, Flareon," Dustin greeted as he swallowed a piece of bacon.

"Flare, eon!" Flareon greeted back.

"Hey, mom, what other Pokemon did you have other than Flareon? When did you have as you used to travel on a Pokemon journey?" Dustin asked.

"Flareon, my number one partner, but I also had a Kangaskhan, Blastoise, Arbok, and many other Pokemon. Most of them, of course, hang out in the yard with the Pokemon at the daycare," His mother replied.

"Cool."

The rest of their breakfast was spent in silence, eating their breakfast.

"Well, I'm going to go play now, mom!" He called out, getting up from the table.

"Alright, be careful there; beedrill out there, Dusk, " Melanie called out.

"I will, mom. Don't worry. I know to be careful around Beedrill. I'm already nine years old; He said with a sigh as he left the kitchen and began playing outside.

*****

Dustin rushed out of the house wearing a red shirt with an orange Pokeball silhouette and yellow and black shorts, and black and white sneakers.

"Hey, Dusk, if you need me, I will be next door at rhe daycare," His mom said, stopping Dustin in his tracks as she walked outside the house."Also, Sheila called. She be here later on this afternoon."

"Alright, cool. I can't wait to see how her second journey with!" He smiled."I'll see you around, mom," He said, waving bye as he headed towards the forest to play his favorite game.

"Again, beware of Beedrill nest!" His mom called out.

Dustin sighed as he rushed into the forest, ready to play.