Chapter 4: Arriving to Viridian City

Dustin and Ash, we're rushing to get to the Pokemon Center in Viridian City. Eumpuress had a few scratches from her battle against the Spearow. Pikachu, however, was in the worst condition as he took most of the beating the Spearow flock gave him, plus he must have used more of his energy releasing that attack to drive the Spearow away.

"Attention, citizens of Viridian City! Attention citizens of Viridian City! We have a report of possible pokemon thieves! Be on the lookout for suspicious looking..."

'Pokemon thieves? That could be concerning and a problem. If there are pokemon thieves, it would have to be sure organizations my father is keeping an eye on as a member of the G-force.' Dustin thought with narrow eyes in, thought, before shaking his head and looking at Ash.

There wasn't time to waste in his thoughts right now.

"The Pokemon Center should be just ahead..How is he?". Dustin asked, looking at Ash as they continued to run with Empuress chilling in his arms, sleeping.

"He's still breathing...Hold on, Pikachu... we're almost there...!" Ash reassured his partner, who didn't respond, but the fact he was still breathing was a good sign.

"Good, we will talk more about this situation later," Dustin said, letting Ash know his actions still needed to be dealt with so this didn't happen again.

They were should they were going to make it until...

"Hold it to two!"

They both jumped in surprise as they felt something grabbing onto the back of their jacket or shirt for Dustin's case, along with a sharp voice that got them to turn around to see who it was.

The person who grabbed them was an Officer or, more specifically, Officer Jenny. Dustin realizes she must be the one warning the citizens about potential Pokemon thieves that have been around the area lately.

"Just where do you boys think you're going with those Pokemon? " Officer Jenny asked, causing them to realize she was referring to their Pokemon partners.

"This is Pikachu, my Pikachu, and that Meowth is Dustin's Pokemon! They're both hurt, so we've got to get them to the hospital right away!" Ash said with an annoyed expression.

"Ash, relax now. This is Officer Jenny. You're speaking to, remember?"Dustin reminded him, placing a hand on his shoulder to try and calm him down.

"Meowth, Meow!" Empuress cried out in agreement with Dustin, causing Ash to realize who slowly this person was. As for Officer Jenny, her face softened when she took notice of the wounded Mouse Pokemon.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I thought that you two were stealing those Pokemon. Now just show me your IDs, and i'll let the two of you go!" Officer Jenny apologized to them. That caught Ash by surprise as. He perked up.

"ID? Um... We don't have any! We just came here from Pallet, and we-"Ash explained, only for Officer Jenny to cut in.

"You know... you two are the fourth and fifth person I've seen today from Pallet Town!" She explained with a hum, catching their attention as Ash's eyes in realization.

"Fourth and fifth," Dustin repeated.

"That means Gary has already been here," Ash sighed, annoyed.

"You know, it's very unusual for people to carry their Pokemon in their in their arms and not in their Pokeballs. How do I know that you haven't stolen them? Especially if you two don't have any identification?" She asked.

Dustin sighed internally. He understands she was asking because they are newcomers to the town, but it is annoying for her to assume their Pokemon thieves just because their pokemon partners weren't in their Pokeballs.

"Not to be rude, but do we look like Pokemon thieves to you in these clothes? Our Pokemon are out of their Pokeballls because they hate being in them. This should help prove that we're not Pokemon thieves, " Dustin said as he took out his Pokedex, which caught her attention.

"Ah...! A Pokedex! That's perfect. This will solve our problem! If you're the real deal..." Officer Jenny brightened up before she pressed a few buttons until it spoke.

"I'm Dexter. A Pokedex programmed by Prof. Oak for pokemon Trainer Dustin Wataru of the town of Pallet. I provide Dustin with information and advice regarding Pokemon and their training. If lost or stolen, I can't be replaced."

"Whoa... I didn't realize the Pokedex could be our ID," Ash said with wide eyes, awe in his eyes, before he presented his to Officer Jenny like Dustin, allowing her to verify if as Dexter said the exact same thing.

The only difference was that Ash owned him, so it spoke for him.

"I'm Dexter. A Pokedex programmed by Prof. Oak for pokemon Trainer Ash Ketchum of the town of Pallet. I provide Ash with information and advice regarding Pokemon and their training. If lost or stolen, I can't be replaced."

"Can we take Pikachu and Empuress to the Pokemon Center now?" Ash asked, only to get a wink and smile after looking at them in confusion until she realized Empuress was Meowth's nickname.

"I'll get to two there in no time at all!" Officer Jenny assured them, much to their confusion. "Dustin, your hair is so much like your mother's. I didn't recognize you as Lance's son, but I definitely have his facial structure and body structure developing since I last saw you travel with him when he wasn't too busy, "She said

Dustin nodded his understanding, and the next moment, she answered when she took them to where her police bike was. It had a sidecar on the right, though it was kind of a squeeze since it was originally meant to fit one.

"Ugh," Ash groaned while Dustin struggled to sit comfortably hn the car. Empuress gave a small whine of discomfort as Officer Jenny took notice of their problem.

"Sorry, boys... I only had room for one in the sidecar...Having someone sit with me is going against the law, " She said apologetically.

"Don't mind that...We should get going are. Pokemon need treatment, " Dustin said.

"Right. Sit back, hold on, and don't tell you two!" Officer Jenny called out.

With that, the garage door for bike opened up, allowing for her to make a quick drive out of the police station. She said not to tell, but could she blame them for their sudden yelps? She was the one driving, yet it felt like they were about to get into another dangerous situation as she took off.

Either way, this was good for them because it meant they could get to the Pokemon Center at a faster pace, but what they didn't know was that on the way, they left a familiar girl behind them who was holding a burnt bike.

It was the same tomboy girl that the boys had met earlier when As needed her bike to escape the Spearow flock. The gas from the bike caused her t catch a little.

But the moment she opened her eyes again, she could see the boys and the officer getting away from her quick pace, much to her frustrations, as she began to run while holding her destroyed bike.

"Ugh, Hey, what the big idea? Come back here!"

To be continued...

Dustin's Team:

Pokemon On Hand:

Meowth: (F) [Eumpuress]

Aerodactyl (M) [Aeroblaster]

Vulpix (F) [Kitsune]

Word Count: 1230