Chapter 5: Ash's understanding

Dustin's POV

Night had started to approach fast by the time we were approaching the Pokemon Center. The breeze nipped at our faces as I held Empuress to my chest, with Ash doing the same for Pikachu.

"There it is!"

Her call got us to look and see the building up ahead that the symbol was vastly similar to how a Pokeball would be, which made ne realize that Viridan Ciy Pokemon Center was just up ahead.

"Wo, the Pokemon Center is gigantic!" Ash said in awe.

"It's Pokemon Hospital. You didn't expect it to be small?" I reminded him as we looked ahead.

"Well, no, I just didn't think it was this big," Ash said.

"I guess that's understandable, " I said, knowing he was still a rookie trainer but eventually getting him more experience in Pokemon and everything else he needed to know.

The two of eyes kept our eyes on the giant building ahead, but even while we were getting closer, Officer Jenny hadn't slowed down.

"Hey... Officer Jenny? Shouldn't we be slowing down?" I called to her.

"You wanted to get there quick, so I'm going to go as quickly as possible...But stopping is going to be tricky! Just hold on!" She called to us, causing our eyes to widen as the bike picked up speed.

"Just hold on!"

And at her call, we both yelp in surprise as we let in the air before we skidded right past the entrance and stopped near the front desk. As we stopped, I saw Nurse Joy glare at Officer Jenny.

"We have a driveway, you know!" She scolded her, only to get fired back with the reason as to why we stopped recklessly.

"Please help them," Ash pleaded, causing her t come over and check on our two Pokemon partners.

"A Pikachu and a Meowth... We'll do what we can. I need a stretcher for a small electric pokemon, stat!" Nurse Joy called out, allowing her assistant pokemon named Chansey to come out with a stricter for Pikachu.

Pikachu was placed on a stretcher while she turned to me.

"Does this one need extensive care?" She asked, only to get a shaking head from me.

"No, but she needs a bit of treatment. Same for my Vulpix, my other pokemon kind of with overboard and did not listen to mehHe should be okay but make a check on him if he is not difficult," I said, holding out Aeroblaster and Kitsune's Pokeball, which she took with a look of understanding.

"I understand. I'll take care of your Vulpix and your other pokemon in a momme, and don't worry; I deal with different pokemon all the time. As for Pikachu and Meowth, the two of them will be fine," She assured us before she turned to Chansey while placing Empuress on the stretcher beside Ash's partner.

"Rush this Pikachu to the critical care unit. As for Meowth rush, this one to the medical room. Just a few bandages and a check-up will do," She ordered Chansey, who nodded before she took our partners away.

Soon as she was gone, another Chansey came up with a medical tool for Nurse Joy to use. Immediately she wore a pink glove, which I figured was for Pikachu since he is an Electric type.

"We'll begin treatment right away!" She declared before Ash, who looked like he wanted to speak up, could say anything.

"And who are you, boys?" She asked, looking over at us.

"Their names are Dustin and Ash. They're both from Pallet Town, with Dustin being Lance's son. They're Pikachu and Meowth trainers as well," Officer Jenny explained.