Chapter 6: Entering Misty & Team Rocket

Soon as I reached the video phone that wasn't too far from the one Ash was sitting at, I dialed my home phone number since Mom should be done with work by now.

The phone rang for a few moments until. Finally, the familiar voice of my mom answered the phone.

"Hello, this is the Wataru residents, "My mom greeted.

"Hello, Mom," I said, mentally laughing at how she answered the phone.

After hearing my voice, my mom let out a happy cry as the screen changed to show her hair was down and slightly wet, meaning she had just finished showering.

"Oh, hello, son!  Is everything going okay?  Where are you and Ash?" Mom asked, happy to hear from me.

"We're currently at the Viridian City Pokemon Center, Mom," I answered.

"Wow, you made it to Viridian City. When I met your father, it took him three days to get there, somehow getting lost, but he is better now. Your sister wasn't that better, either.  He will be proud to hear how you're doing after all; you are his treasure," Mom said with a giant smile on her face.

"Yeah, rotten apple..." I heard Ash mutter, making me sigh, seeing he still felt guilty about earlier.

"What the matter?"Mom asked.

"It's just Ash. Well, things didn't start so great," I started."His Pikachu wasn't listening, and he couldn't get him to help catch a Pokemon and recused to have Empuress help while my new Aerodactyl from father helped me see a Vulpix. So he threw a rock at a Spearow to weaken it, causing its flock to attack, and now Pikachu pretty beat up," I explained.

"I see, but that is to be expected. Ash is stubborn, but you are a sharp kid and can find a way to be the mentor you promised when you met plus, after today, he will probably learn his lesson about not taking your advice, "Mom said, smiling.

"Your right; so, did big sister leave for Hoenn?" I asked.

"Yeah, she did a couple of hours after you left."

"I hope she does great in the Pokemon contest in Hoenn," I replied. "Anyway, talk to you later im going to check on Ash."

"Alright, and remember, everything will be fine as long as you keep working hard to get through Ash's head as his mentor and friend."

"Right," I said, ending the call and walking over to Ash.

"Dusk is more like a Spearow, while I feel more like falling Pidgey," I heard Ash sigh as I walked over towards him.

"Hey, don't talk about yourself that way!  Just be confident in yourself like Dustin is; after all, you always look up to him, and you can do anything as long as you believe in yourself and mentor   Dustin," She scolded.

Ash remained silent, not saying a word.

"Do you understand, Ash?" Delia asked, earning a nod.

"Yes."

"And are you changing your underwear every day?"

"Alright, Mrs. Ketchum, it's still the same day we left.  I will make sure he changes them tomorrow before we leave," I said, walking up behind Ash.

"Alright, I'll leave him to you, Dustin.  Good night you two.  Love you, Ash!" Delia smiled softly.

"Mm.Good night Mom."

"Yeah, night Mrs. Ketchum, "I said as Ash ended the call.

The silence returned as we were both done with the call to our moms. Mrs. Ketchum was the same as always when it came to Ash.