Chapter 3: A Rocky beginning ending with a Beautiful sight

A/N: I hope the pacing of Dustin improving Ash's skills as his mentor doesn't  feel too fast or slow in the future.

The pokemon that came out of the Pokeball was a reptilian, bipedal Pokémon that resembled a pterosaur with several draconic features. It has small, sharply pointed ears, narrow dark green eyes, a ridged snout, a gaping mouth, and a strong lower jaw full of serrated fangs. Its body is covered in light blue-gray skin, and it has large, violet membranous wings. The clawed hands at the end of each wing allow it to grasp objects. There is a hump-like ridge with a spike on its back, and it has a strong tail with an arrow-shaped tip. Its talon-like feet have two toes in front and one in the back.

"Aero!" The Pokemon cried out fiercely.

"No way, an Aerodactyl," Dustin gasped, holding out his Pokedex at the Pokemon that was inside of the Pokeball.

[Aerodactyl, the fossil Pokemon. A rock and flying type. This vicious pokemon is said to have flown in ancient skies while shrieking high-pitched cries. Aerodactyl is known to be a challenge to train for most, but some gained the trust of Aerodactyl quickly. This Aerodactyl was recently bred by Lance and hatched from a Pokemon egg a few months ago.]

'So then my Aerodactyl is the child of my father's Aerodactyl.' Dustin thought as he put away the Pokedex after checking out the attacks his Aerodactyl knew.

"Alright, Aerodactyl, use Wing Attack on Vulpix!" Dustin said.

"Aero, dactyl!" Aerodactyl cried out, looking at Dustin before finally flying up and then diving down towards Vulpix with its wings glowing white, slamming into the Vulpix, making it cry out in pain from the impact.

Vulpix shook its head as it shot out small flames from its mouth at Aerodactyl.

"Dodge it!" Dustin called out.

Aerodactyl cried out as it did so, causing the Vulpix attack to miss.

"Aerodactyl!" Aerodactyl cried out, flying towards Vulpix and clamping its jaw on Vulpix's tail.

Vulpix cried out loudly in pain as Dustin winced mentally at how painful an Aerodactyl bite must be.

"Aerodactyl, don't attack without command," Dustin stated, making Aerodactyl look at him before letting go of Vulpix."Alright, Pokeball, go!" He shouted, throwing a PokeBall at the Vulpix as it passed out from the bite attack.

Vulpix was pulled inside by a beam of light. Dustin and Aerodactyl looked at the Pokeball as it shook a few times until there was a click.

He walked over to the PokeBall and picked it up, smiling. "I caught a Vulpix. We have a new friend Aerodactyl!" He said, rubbing Aerodactyl's head.

"Aero, dactyl!" Aerodactyl cried out loudly, glancing at Dustin's head on its head.

"It is going to take some time getting you to see me as your trainer fully," Dustin said, pulling out Aerodactyl Pokeball and returning him.

He then put both PokeBalls on his belt and headed back towards Ash and Empuress.

••••

Dustin made it back to Ash, not being too far away from where he left them to hear Ash shouting loudly.

"Hey! Get out of there!" Ash snapped, running over to his bag as small purple pokemon ran off the moment he stepped foot near his bag.

Ash then took out his as he scanned the Pokemon that retreated.

[Rattata, the Mouse Pokemon. A forest Pokemon and a normal-type Pokemon. It likes cheese, nuts, fruits, and berries.]