Prologue

We all have different voices in our heads. There will be times a handful of us have people in place of soley voices in our minds. They may think it's absurd, but I don't mind. It's what makes him, him.

His cheeks a nice shade of pink. The smile that stretched across my face, the smile I just couldn't restrain any longer. The way the field complimented his eyes. Minty green was the best phrase to describe them, truly.

He was always so kind and caring even at his lowest.

"Hey, bubble!"

I was his little bubble, and only he was ever allowed to call me that. We're only kids but I want to be with him forever. With all of them. They were genuine and sweet. Normal to me, he was normal to me.

"Yeah, what is it?"

All he does is stand there and glances down. Of course curiosity takes over and I wander over to where he is now crouching. He points to a gorgeous daisy, he knows me too well.

"I would pick it for you but we both don't want that."

"Because if we do-" I start.

"It dies, and it's too pretty to die." He finishes my sentence as he always does ever since the very first day we saw a pretty flower. In the same field as well. This was our home.

We keep strolling through the field, chasing each other from time to time. The smell of the grass and the beautiful flowers. A painted sunset in the sky. Tiny specs of twinkling white and the bright moon with minimum opacity.

Rocks are finally visible letting both of us know the river is close by. Small yet such a strong current that can be heard from just a few feet away.

In an instant, I go and climb the rocky path beside it.

"Bubbles, please be careful."

He walks closer and carefully as he tries to get to me.

"Don't worry, I got it! Want to see me do a trick?" I say as I start my attempt at balancing on one leg while turning.

"BUBBLES!"

And I was completely and utterly surrounded by cold darkness.