Chapter 1 - "I Read About Your Kind."

Grumbling to herself, she trudged through the woods, "do this, oh go stop that, well it would be so much better if you WOULDN'T GIVE ME LONG FUCKING WHITE CLOTHES TO WALK IN THE DIRTY WOODS WITH SO THEN BY THE TIME I GET TO MY DESTINATION I WOULDN'T LOOK LIKE A FOOL!" The young woman yelled into the woods at no one in particular.

She continued saying "AT LEAST GIVE ME BROWN OR BLACK CLOTHING!" Taking off the pendant Y/n threw it to the ground finally making it to the gates of a small village.

Letting out a breath and throwing her hands down she cleaned the dirt off her clothes using a small amount of magic and effort while doing so. Now recomposed she walked into the village. Putting up her hood wouldn't draw less attention to herself because she looked like a light bulb.

'Stupid goddamn uniform' was all the young woman could think as she noticed the odd looks that she was getting. No matter how much she wanted to change her clothes or even the colour of it she knew that she would get in trouble with the Queen for it.

Everything goes back to her.

She walked into the butcher's house unannounced only to be greeted by hung pigs and animals limbs where flies seemed to commute. As she walked out to the livestock pigs' pen she saw the body of the overweight butcher laying with the pigs. Upon closer inspection, his eyes were missing.

The pigs and crows were eating him. He was long dead by now. She picked up the feed for the pigs and laid it out for them, they ran over to the feed preferring it from the rotting corpse. Ironically animals were the number one priority whereas her job called for otherwise. She was meant to protect those who could not protect themselves. Which seemed to be the entire kingdom including mages, and other sorcerers.

She looked at the gash in the man's stomach analyzing what creatures could be the cause. She kneeled down examining the body only for a pair of local guards to walk through noticing the white robe.

Walking up behind her dodging the hung pigs' corpses, they looked down at her "Hey!"Turning around she got up on her feet putting distance between them.

"Anything we can do for you Miss y/n?" They asked bowing ever so slightly, y/n relaxed and simply stated "Uh, actually. Could you probably just notify the butcher's family of his death while I track the cause."

"Track the cause?" They asked, hand resting against their swords. She shook her head and grumbled, "look at the body you idiots and just do as I say, I have done this enough to know what I'm doing, never mind there being a slash against the person's chest making it rather obvious to begin with."

Pacing out of the shop she stood outside taking a deep breath and closing her eyes. Listening. Feeling the active city beneath her feet. Trying to find an imbalance.

Her eyes shot open and she sprinted for the gates pushing past civilians blocking the path, she kept running toward the woods only to go off track and follow the inhuman screeches and unorderly patterns of a beast. It was in distress.

Seeing a figure there with their sword she sent a simple pushback spell towards them unsuspectedly knocking them off their feet expecting it to be a foolish guard trying to play the hero. Y/n stood in front of the beast raising one hand toward the man and one toward the beast in order to keep them both at bay. The man stood up, white hair falling back into place and yellow eyes glaring into her soul as he approached.

"Keep your distance!" The woman ordered but to no avail, he did not answer, "That wasn't a request it was an order!" She barked back with authority but as he approached her she realised the height difference and the eye colour. Sending one more light blast his way she glanced back at the beast as it began to leave in a civil manner.