Chapter 2 - "Get out of the way Geralt!."

The pair were now sitting beside each other speaking one or two words every half hour out of boredom. "Anything yet?" He'd grumble only to get a, "No"

"What about now," He'd ask looking over at her only for Y/n to shake her head, "No"

The sun began to rise and the woman lay on the ground putting her feet up on the statue while the white-haired Witcher had his back to the statue examining her uniform as she laid beside him, upside down, but still beside him all the same. "Sense something?"

She raised her head propping herself up on her elbows looking directly into his enchanting eyes which deserved far more appreciation than they were given. "If you keep asking me, I won't be able to focus!" She barked at him placing her head back on the floor.
After another few moments, the witcher spoke once again causing Y/n to sigh, "I'm not asking do you sense something, but, do you sense what I can smell?"

Sniffing the air like a bloodhound she recognised the smell, blood. Getting up she walked towards a house less than 10 steps away from where the two were sitting. Y/n was confused but stopped before entering. The Witcher didn't move from his spot and watched curiously.

She gently placed her hand on the door pushing it open slightly before getting dragged into the house by her ankles letting out a small 'oomph' from the impact as the door closed behind her. Geralt got up holding his sword as he approached the house pushing the wooden door open with his sturdy sword.

As it creaked open to reveal an overly dark room. The echoed voice called out for the fair-haired man as if the room went on for miles.

There it was again the distanced echoes of his name, "Geralt!"

"This is the first and last time I help a sorcerer." He walked into the house only for the door to slam shut leaving Geralt in complete darkness.

"I guess it's just you and me now." He murmured to his sword in the darkness no longer hearing his name. He closed his eyes, focusing, listening.

Every slight movement beneath his feet as he shifted his weight from leg to leg.

Finally feeling something he leapt at it sword in hand putting full power onto whatever it was he had come in contact with. As he landed from the jump he opened his eyes as whatever he had sliced dropped to the ground, the sorceress dropped to the floor with a thud shoving the large winding limb of the beast off her and untangling herself.

She flew into the wall being attacked by the large spidery stick-like limb of the creature.

Geralt remained where he stood and spoke as the woman got to her feet, "Stay behind me."

She shot a glare at the man sliding in front of him aggressively, "You should stay behind me!" holding her arms out Y/n brought her hands together as if she were about to do the most intense clap of her life. Just as her hands were about to collide fire immersed between them lighting up the room to reveal the beast covered the entire ceiling and walls creating an extension to the house too big for the one roof she channelled the first and shot it straight up causing the beast to screech. Geralt grabbed her by the hood dragging her out of the house before it slaughtered her. The roof broke offal the beast looked and began charging at the two.

"Get out of the way Geralt!" Y/n pushed him to the side before using her pushback spell just to hit it around and wear it out. It began to tire and slow down in its attacks the more it got pushed and beat around with the magic.

She opened what seemed to Geralt as a portal of sorts. She sent one last shot into the centre of the beast causing it to fall in, closing the 'portal.'

"Where did you put it?"