Chapter 5 - "Did you not like that? ... Butcher of Blaviken."

Y/n began to stir around under her bedsheets, she began to feel the texture of the sheets beneath her fingers eventually meeting a bareback. Only then did she realise that she was under the covers, one of her eyes shot open to confirm where she was only to jump out of the bed not remembering much after last night. 

She looked down at Geralt who was laying on his side facing away from Y/n. He turned to look behind his back to see what the commotion was with the h/c woman. "Feeling better after last night?"

"What happened last night?" She asked placing her palm on her forehead and looking down to see that she was still in her clothes from the previous day.

 Turning his body around completely now fully facing Y/n, laying in the bed. "You were drunk so I brought you into an inn."

"How did you get in?"

"They thought it was best I take care of you in case you choked on your own vomit in your sleep. I didn't care to mention the fact I was a witcher"

She tilted her head not entirely remembering how bad she may have been that night. "Was I really that bad?"

"To be honest you weren't too bad. I let on that you were so I could get a bed for the night rather than sleeping with some woman. I didn't think you'd appreciate that."

Y/n was in shock at his last comment not certain how to respond. "Is that how you usually get a place to sleep?"

"Depends if you would consider laying awake in a bed as sleeping afterwards, it also depends on where I am and if I'm willing to sit out in the woods for the night." He said sitting up from the bed, standing up facing the woman.

"Put a shirt on, I don't want to be looking at that." She said tossing his shirt at him. He flung the shirt over his shoulder. 

Geralt didn't want her to feel all too bad about the previous night and he wasn't all  too certain if the sorceress remembered the night before, "I am a hundred and twenty years old."

"What?" She asked turning around to look at him.

"Yesterday you said you could be old enough to be my grandmother, but I'm a hundred and twenty." He said trying to put her at ease over the small chance that she may have remembered.

"I, uh..." It took her a moment to remember what she had learnt in her youth about Witchers. Beings are made of magic and could live longer than three times the age of the average human. "Oh."

"What else did I say?"

"Nothing of brilliant importance. You just told me off for mistreating you and our miscommunications is all Y/n." He said throwing the thin shirt over his head to cover his upper body. "I also never got to thank you for telling me that. No one usually barks at me like that, sometimes I tend to get wrapped up." She looked at him shocked at what he was saying to her and nodded as they got closer to one another.

"Now that all that is over with I say we get looking for our magician. Y/n nodded still unsure of how to react to Geralt's response. He leaned in towards the woman, his eyes flickering between hers and her lips. She could feel his warm breath brush against her causing her cheeks to redden. Geralt closed his eyes slightly whilst leaning down as his hand raised up to her face only for Y/n's open palm to slap him harshly causing his head to snap to the side.

"What was that for?" Y/n exclaimed, looking at him in shock. He grunted before continuing, "I should be the one asking that."

It was Y/n's turn to grumble, "Unbelievable." 

She began to storm out while Geralt was throwing his sword to his back grabbing his things and chasing after the h/c haired girl. She began to leave the inn and decided to give the owner a few extra coin in tip, Geralt passed the 'reception' area grabbing her by the elbow and spinning her around. What are you doing walking away like that?"