Chapter 4 - "We Stick Together."

(This chapter is rather slow so please bear with me here.)

"Get down."

"Since when do I listen to you?"

Another arrow went whizzing towards y/ns neck, she flinched raising her hands in shock only for when the arrow was to hit her neck it crumbled into splinters and rubble.

"How do you do that?!" Geralt asked raising his voice walking towards the shooter pulling out one of his swords whilst avoiding getting shot with an arrow. He sent a blast of magic over to knock the person off their feet. He walked over to them their body lying against a tree.

"You cut my hair, I cut your throat." And with that, he slammed the sword through the thief's neck completely decapitating him. He walked back to y/n with haste. "That's twice you've escaped death today we are going to have to move camp to make sure no one else can harm us."

"You focus on gathering new bits of wood while I figure out a spell to protect us Instead of having to move."

"Give me some light." She grabbed one of the sticks of wood from the dead fire and lit it as if it were a torch, "There you go princess." She said handing the fire over to Geralt earning her a glare and a grunt causing a smile to reach Y/n's face. He walked away amazed at how well a smile fit on her face, but all he could think about was the nerve she had to challenge him, and even just calling him 'princess' as if that was definitely risky, although it was in some backwards way intriguing for him.

He wanted nothing more than to get rid of her but not until he fixed their 'bond'. Although she was intriguing didn't mean he'd keep her around for the fun of it, he had his priorities set.

He lumbered back with wood in his arms. "Did you do one of your magic tricks yet?"

"Yeah, to a certain radius we are safe for the night. Just don't break it to go for a piss or something, if need be, dig a hole instead." Geralt looked at her with slight disgust and simply exhaled in response. Y/n leaned her head back against the tree closing her eyes to rest, listening intently.

Before she even realised what had happened Y/n had awoken from her slumber. She looked around to see that the sun was barely in the sky, the fire was out, and Roach and Geralt were nowhere to be seen. Remaining still she had heard the crunching of some leaves. Y/n had curled up as much as she could without hurting her leg so whoever or whatever it was would be less likely to see her. Then she heard words.

"I often have a rough time cooperating with others, but she doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me, so as soon as she is better, and she fixes this for us we are out of here."

Y/n could recognise that deep grumbly voice from anywhere. Y/n couldn't have cared less about what happened to him as long as he wasn't her responsibility. As long as he didn't get Roach hurt it didn't matter what Geralt wanted to do in Y/n's mind. She went back to her original position and rested her head back against the tree and instead pretended to wake up all over again.

She stretched her legs and stood up careful of her bad leg. She stood to her full height and limped out into the open.

"Geralt of Riva, where'd you go?"

He walked back into view guiding Roach their noble steed back with him too. "Morning" He stated.

"I thought you had left." She joked limping towards the once again dead fire. She began to walk off in a different direction from the man and had no sign of turning back. He walked towards her with Roach beside him and decided to ask, "Where are you going?"