Chapter 7 - "We Can't Let This Be The End."

Y/n dragged Geralts body over to a fallen tree in the woods, propping him up against the makeshift wall. Dragging him over was no simple chore. She was out of breath, panting while the weight of the man crushing her arms, she managed to slide her arms out from between the bark of the tree and his back.

She straddled the man holding his face and lightly smacking his face trying to wake the grumpy Witcher. His eyes were fluttering in a berzerk manner. "C'mon Witcher, you're not passing out on me before we even get to the fucking beast's nest. This was all your idea after all, you imbecile!"

She yelled the insult so loud she managed to scare away some of the wildlife in the surrounding environment.

Geralt was sat in his trance-like state still in the throne room beside the Queen as she was too busy scalding her daughter, Princess Pivetta.

"Damn this cursed thing. I'd as soon see this night out in armour." The queen groaned in the comfort of her throne with Geralt placed to her right earning a simple, "As would I." From the man only for the queen to approvingly nod, "Indeed... Tell me, how does a witcher find himself at my daughter's wedding feast dressed like a..." Before she could finish her sentence looking at his clothes she began to laugh.

He remained silent for a minute in an attempt to remember what he had actually arrived here for all those years ago, "I'm protecting the bard from vengeful royal cuckolds."

"Hm! Idiots, the lot of them. Still, I'm glad of your company, which could prove handy. I have no doubt blood will spill here tonight."

"Ah, save the good Queen's breath. I'm not for hire as a bodyguard." He humbly spoke approaching the topic with grace

"You were hired just so by the bard." She pointed out only for Geralt to point out"I'm helping the idiot free of his coin."

"And he's the idiot? I'm simply saying, surely if all goes to hell here tonight, I can count on you to strategically remove certain irritants that may present themselves." She whispered towards Geralt only to then add, "I'd do so myself, only I'm bound to uphold an artifice of decorum and... fairness."

Remembering the events of the night he grumbled in his deep voice "I can't help you."

"So perilously direct. As Queen, I could command it." She spoke only for the Witcher to retaliate with a simple statement, "If I were one of your subjects."

"I could torture you so very slowly into compliance. " She half joked not sending any form of worry or concern Geralts way knowing what the future held for the queen and her kingdom.

Unbeknownst to him he was saying everything word by word not caring too much for the old conversation he had once again, spaced out being careful to scan the crowd before a short weasel-like man walked up before them asking for the princess's hand in marriage. but at that moment this was all old news. He wanted to see Y/n.

"My marriage to your daughter will unite the jewels of the north and south, forging an unbreakable alliance that none would dare cross." He paused for dramatic effect only to continue with a stingy line that never quite sat right with Geralt. "And... I am one of five brothers with no sisters. My potent seed inside Pavetta will produce the strongest of male heirs.

Calanthe Was sure to silence the room before she spoke ready to turn him down as brutal yet appealing to their audience. "Cintra is indeed the jewel of the north, yet Nilfgaard remains the shit rag of the south, and that's saying something!

A burst of laughter and jeering erupted from the crowd in support of the lioness of Cintra

"Tell me, is it true you drink piss water and feast on your own young?" She taunted without care for the man, his intentions or what lay ahead for the future of her people, Geralt knowing the truth as to what would come to be.