Chapter 6 - "Everything Comes At A Price."

The three were sat in a room full of books herbs small bits of machinery and more scattered around the room, Y/n had her arms crossed sitting beside Geralt who kept his eyes trained on this mage.

"Well, to break the ice I know that you were seeking advice."

"We know," Y/n spoke trying her absolute best not to sound petty. "And for someone who doesn't trust Y/n because of her fire magic you sure do trust her in a room of flammable and irreplaceable books and scriptures." Geralt spoke in a monotone voice trying to see what this man wanted to gain from this.

"I understand how you both may seem alarmed but all is well and I am only here to help."Geralt wasn't pleased with this man and he was not planning on taking his bullshit either, Y/n cleared her throat not impressed with the mage, knowing that there was no other way around this situation. "How did you know we were looking for you?"

"Word spreads quickly in this town." The mystifying man said as Geralt and Y/n sat there not falling for his deceitful lies. Geralt began to growl, "That sounds like-" only to be interrupted by the man.

"I am not finished witcher. If you both do me a favour I will do you one." He declared causing Geralt to roll his eyes, "There is always an angle with you people.

"So much for wanting to help," Y/n grumbled under her breath.

"Everything comes at a price," The man spoke in a tone which when they listened to him made the two feel as if they had both witnessed an extreme amount of bullshit.

Y/n stood up turning her back to the druid, beside Geralt and placed her hand on Geralt's leather-plated shoulder. "Geralt, I suggest we just...leave," she whispered to him earning a grunt of approval. The two stood up and began to walk towards the exit,"

"Do you really want to throw away your chances of not figuring this out?"

Geralt stopped in his tracks letting out a tired sigh as he gave Y/n who had stopped to see what was holding Geralt up, an apologetic look, giving in to the druid."Fine, what do you need slain.""Geralt leave it, he could be useless!" She spoke in a resentful tone glaring at the dark-haired man.

"Well if I cannot fix it you will be repaid in other ways. Coin perhaps?" The druid bribed, "I want this beast's head, a 'fiend'."

"No."

With her magic and if your reputation truly serves you well, you will both be able to take this monster down rather successfully." He tried to persuade causing conflict in Geralt knowing people who have taken on this beast and having to hang their medallions up in Kaer Morhen. All he was thinking was would he risk putting Y/n in danger? He knew of the impulsive decisions she had made in battle although every time she has done so they have gotten out alive because of her magic. Definitely not her fighting or sword skills.

"This is a large dangerous creature, which has hypnotic properties by the way. Do you really think I can completely block out its ability? It's a feral untamed creature which uses its power to kill bigger and stranger beasts than us in the wild within the space of two seconds. A little bit of magic won't stop this thing from killing us. Let alone hypnotising us."