♡With great powers... | G.W.

Warning: Mention of heist, guns, and wounds

________
________
________

"Does it look good?" Gerard adjusts his hand a little, letting it flop down a little once I nod and the sound of the picture being snapped ceases. "Okay, I'm going to aim at the camera and take it, try to get something before the web reaches it. Is this fine?"

"Yeah, just give me a moment." A sigh escapes my lips as I drop the camera a little and roll my shoulders back, relieving some of the pain that tugs on the muscles. I'm sure he will sell about none of the pictures, maybe use them for drawing references and that's it, but it'll be worth the struggle—not like I can't make him sell them or something, after all. "Right." I bring the camera up again, watching the little image of him through the small screen as I squint my eyes and keep pressing at the shutter button until the camera is suddenly snatched from my hands, now with Gerard as he hangs from the wall.

A small beeping sound comes from the camera before Gerard nods, humming. "Okay, I think these will work." He jumps down from the wall and takes off the mask with a relieved sigh, sending his dark hair free, but not exactly flying in the air. Greasy fucker. "Gonna hope for a first page this time!" Gerard throws the camera in the air a little before catching it. "Are you sure you're okay without the credit and all?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

I shrug with a nod. "I'm just doing you a favor. It's not even like I need the money or anything." Before Gerard is able to complain, I press my lips to his, making him sigh and hum in agreement. "Cool. Are you going to print them now?"

"Only if you come with me." Gerard pecks my lips.

After a rushed change of clothes behind a dumpster in an alley—during which I just couldn't resist the urge of slapping Gerard's ass—, we are heading down the main street for Staples, hand in hand.

"Imagine if they like my pictures and all of my works so much that at some point I'm invited to design the cover of one of these famous magazines at some point?" Gerard raises an eyebrow. The thought of it alone makes me grin.

"I don't doubt it will happen! You're really talented!" I push the door to Staples open, sending the little ding echoing down the empty store as we walk in. "Looking just for a designer job, or maybe you'd like to be a reporter like Ray or something?" He looks at the distance for a moment then scrunches his nose as he shakes his head; I chuckle.

"Hey, how can I help?" Frank leans over the counter with a grin, the collar of his bright red polo shirt pulled up like always, stupidly.

"Just the usual." I push the camera towards him, rolling my eyes.

~

"Y'know, I heard things are getting tense around the city." I sit down next to Gerard and across from Mikey, bringing my bag to my lap to get my lunch from inside it. "Like," I mutter, looking around for unwanted company even if we're literally in the middle of the uni's cafeteria, "Life Foundation and all their space jazz."

"What?" Mikey furrows his eyebrows. "I got to know that their space probe crashed and all, but did they even find anything out there at all?"

I shrug lightly. "I don't know, Ray just told me some stuff. Like, symbiotes and all."

Gerard raises an eyebrow and hums quietly with a shrug. "Well, let's just hope he doesn't get his nose somewhere he isn't supposed to. Anyways, the pictures did get me a fair amount of money, do expect some pictures of Spider-Man in Daily Bugle's next issues." A smirk tugs on his lips as he looks down at his sandwich before taking a bite, probably not even aware of how Mikey and I look at him, but honestly, this behavior is not new, even more coming from Gerard.