♡Rings | M.W.

(A/n)

Requested on Tumblr

______
______
______

The ring shines through the shop window's glass, details glinting under the light and contrasting perfectly with the deep red velvet upholstery of the small case it's placed in, still showing all of its glory even if just a couple of people stop to appreciate it at the moment. It's not one of the busy hours, though, it seems, given how not nearly as many people walk down the streets as the stores are able to handle. A paper next to the ring displays the price, and it takes me a moment to convert the pounds to dollars, but I soon realize it isn't even that bad, considering the ones in simpler designs that are sold for higher prices.

"Mikey, why don't you get it, hm?" I nod to the ring, though his focus is also already on it. Mikey's reflection nods a little. "Would suit you and also match the others."

Mikey continues gazing at the ring, then sighs, leaning back a little. "Ah, no, you know what I think about it already."

"Just considering what other people will think isn't a good reason, you're aware of that," I breathe. It's a fucking shame he won't use the rings since they suit him so fucking well, not to mention how they make him look even more powerful. He got a lot of them, and I don't know what for, if he's not going to use them. And for such a stupid reason.

"You don't see the point." Mikey shifts a little, taking a closer look at the ring again, for a short moment. "I'm not up to answering all of the 'oh, are you sure you should be wearing something so expensive?' or 'are these even real?' every time people look at them. Not to mention how they'll say I'm trying to copy Frank or something. It'll suck."

For a moment, I do cogitate discussing again, telling him things aren't like that, but I decide to save time instead; I shrug lightly, about to point at the earrings by the other side of the window when I see Gerard approaching. He places his hand on Mikey's shoulder, following his gaze to the jewelry for a moment before cleaning his throat. "Uh, I'm grabbing some coffee, do you want to come along?" He looks between Mikey and I.

Mikey hums with a brief motion to adjust his shades—why does he have them in such cloudy weather? I'd call it a habit—and nods. "(Y/n)?"

"No, I'm still walking around for a bit." I glance around; I can still go check the jacket I saw across the street and see the bookstore people are always recommending me, later. "You know what I like, I'll get it with you when I see you later. Well, I mean, not if it'll bother you, then I'll just—"

"It's fine," Mikey chuckles and places a hand on my hip as he leans in to give me a quick kiss. "Take care, okay? Call me if you need anything."

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry. Same to you, by the way." I smile, patting his chest lightly as he pulls away, nodding in response, and wave lightly at the two once they start to walk away, but they're quickly immersed in their talk. Nice. It doesn't take too long until they're turning around a corner, so I step into the store, welcomed by the smell of cleaning supplies and alcohol before an employee approaches me.

"Hello! How may I help you?" They ask in a thick British accent, hands folded in front of them.

"Hi!" I smile back, and glance behind me. "Y'know, can I take a look at the silver ring from the window?"

.

In total, there are seven rings—three were with me, one of them was bought, while the other three were dispersed around Mikey's things. Why does he bring them along if he doesn't want to wear them, hm? Hell, that insecure ass of his. He won't be able to escape it today, and I'm the one who'll make sure it happens.