three: just how much

author's note: sorry for a shorter chapter! i'm lowkey super tired & i ran out of an idea, but i'll have some more soon!! who knows :)
-

"you're home, oh my gosh," reid said as you came through the door of his apartment. rushing over, he tightly held onto you while you gently placed your arms around him out of surprise. you had a confused look on your face as he kept you close. you hadn't even had time to set your bag down from work.

"hey, spence, everything okay?" 

you tossed your bag off to the side while you focused your attention back on your boyfriend.

"spence?"

your eyes stared down at the top of his head as you gently ran your fingers through his hair while he held onto you. you were worried- he never just acted like this.

"some cases, they just," reid started but faltered off as he leaned back, standing back up as he stared down into your eyes. he ran his fingers through your hair gently as his eyes stared admiringly down into yours.

"you're worrying me, spence," you said softly.

"look, ______, i just need you to know that no matter what happens, i love you," he said, giving you a soft smile as you felt your stomach twist into a knot.

"what's wrong, spence?" you said, slightly demanding. 

he pulled you close to him as you instinctively wrapped your arms around him. 

"i promise you i'm okay, sweetheart," he responded. "i just need you to know how much i love you."