five: so obvious

author's note: as it usually goes, time for a happy one! and i'd also like to say that the idea of sneaking around with a relationship sounds really fun right now, so that's why i'm doing another one!
-

"prentiss, is reid dating somebody? he seems happier than usual," you asked, taking a sip of your coffee as she looked back up at you. her eyes searched yours, causing you to look off towards where reid is. 

"why are you wondering that?" she asked, laughing a little. you looked back over at her, confusion plastered on your face. 

"why are you laughing?" you questioned. 

"oh, i don't know, maybe because you're trying to play dumb," she said, nudging your shoulder. 

"what are you talking about?" you asked her, wonder covering your face as your eyes looked up at her. she smiled at you, chuckling a little before taking a sip of her coffee. 

"you try to make it not obvious, but you're so bad at hiding who you're seeing," she said as you crossed your arms with a small curious smile. "i mean, the fact that you are just so blantly obvious with the fact that you're seeing somebody, your eyes sort of tell everything."

you tilted your head in inquiry, looking at her as you waited for her to continue.

"______, i don't understand how you keep trying to hide it when it's so clear. i mean, the way that you talk about him! it's so clear that you're his woman," she said as reid was walking over to where the two of you were. 

you laughed uncomfortably, looking at her before walking off and grabbing reid's arm in your hand. prentiss watched the two of you walk off and down a hallway, losing sight of the two of you.

when you both had found your private corner, you began rushing your words out to reid in worry as he laughed a little.

"hey, hey, if you want to tell people, just let me know," he said, his fingers gently running themselves down your arm as you stared up at him in worry. "there is no need to worry, babe."

you let out a sigh, still staring up at him. 

"i only trust you," you told him. "and i'm scared to tell people. i just don't want us to get ruined or anything," you said to him, beginning to ramble once more. "spence, what if something happens and you get hurt or somebody tries to take me in order to threaten you or-" 

reid smiled, leaning down and pressing his lips to yours to silence your rambling worries. you relaxed into it, falling limp in your boyfriend's hold. when he let go, your eyes stayed closed momentarily as you were still limp in his grasp.

he smiled down at you.

"trust me, babe, there is no need to worry. i've got you," he said, seeing you smile back at him before opening your eyes. "besides, sneaking around is getting hard to do, _______. there's barely any rooms left to sneak in," he said, laughing before giving you another kiss before seeing you smile.

"we can tell people, as long as you have me," you muttered as he nodded.

"of course, babe," he said, pressing another kiss to your head. "i'm not going to let anything happen to you," he muttered, pulling you into his arms as he pressed a kiss to the side of your head. 

"prentiss knows, by the way," you told him as he kept you close.

"i had a feeling," he muttered. "it's hard to not notice it. sometimes we're too obvious," he replied.

"in what ways?" you asked, looking up at him.

"well, for one thing, you and i always disappear for the same time. another thing, you always tag along with me at crime scenes," he said, his eyes searching yours as you stared up at him. "and the third is just how you're looking at me right now."

you smiled up at him, keeping your hold on him tight. 

"i can't help it," you muttered. "i always want to give you that look so that you understand how much you mean to me, spence."

he smiled, pressing a brief kiss to your lips before the two of you heard someone coming.

you both let go of each other, talking amongst yourself about the case as morgan walked up.

"hey, lovebirds. hotch is waiting for us in the conference room. prentiss and jj are on their way," he said as you both nodded. reid stared at morgan for a moment before finally nodding.

"so, you knew too?" he asked, seeing you turn to look at morgan, your hand finding reid's as you held onto it. 

"of course i knew, kid. i don't see true love very often, but you two have presented the love that only movies have seen," he said, continuing to look at reid. "just don't do anything stupid, okay? or break her heart because then we'd be having real issues," morgan threatened as you chuckled, tightening your hold on his hand. 

"okay, we should go now," you told the two of them as morgan nodded and began walking off. you turned around, briefly giving reid a kiss before you two began walking off to the conference room.