eight: for her (part one)

author's note: sorry for lack of updates friends!! been busy with LIFE:)
-

"do you guys know where ______ is?" reid asked the team as he walked into the police station at the current city with the new case they were working on. hotch and rossi both looked at him in confusion whereas jj and prentiss shook their head. morgan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he began to reply.

"no, i thought she was with you," he explained as reid shook his head, looking at the other team members for some assistance. 

jj spoke up next in the conversation.

"well, she and i were off interviewing people earlier but then she went with prentiss to a crime scene," she explained as prentiss nodded to back up her claim. 

"yeah, and she told me that she was going to go check on something back at the crime scene when we were already walking away from it," she said, the team suddenly coming to understanding as reid immediately tried to call you.

it went straight to voicemail. 

"prentiss, what all do you remember exactly when she left you?" reid asked her as she cleared her throat a little, looking around at the team as they all began to make movements to try and find you. 

"she just said she needed to go look at something at the scene again. i think it was based on something that she might have seen there that we all missed," she said as reid nodded. he began walking out of the room as jj followed after him, morgan not too far behind. 

"hey, spence, slow down. where are you going?" 

"what do you mean? i'm going to find her," he said, trying to leave once more as jj stopped him.

"spence, where would you even look? she was last seen at the crime scene, yes, but that means that at this point she could be anywhere," she tried to rationalize with him but he shook his head. 

"kid, jj is right. you can't just go running off to the last place she was without precaution at all. we don't know what happened to her, where she could be, if she's a ransom for whatever reason. we have to be cautious about this. i'll call garcia and see if she can find the last place _______'s phone pinged," morgan said as reid stood still while morgan called garcia. jj looked back over at him, seeing the look in his eyes.

"spence, we'll find her," she said, trying to calm him down. 

"we don't know that, jj. even if we found her, who knows what the unsub could have done to her," he muttered, seeing morgan coming back to the two of them. 

"the last place her phone pinged was a few blocks from where the crime scene is. we can go check there and see if there's anything," he said. 

"should some people go to the crime scene and try to find what _______ might have found?" reid asked as jj nodded, signaling for prentiss to come with her and morgan and reid went off to the place your phone last pinged. 
-

upon arriving at the location, reid immediately started looking around. he was searching every little thing on the ground, every graffitied note on the light poles, every thing. morgan was hoping to find something, taking notice of a small drop of blood on the concrete near the edge of the road. 

he motioned reid over and he looked down, taking note of it as well. his stomach got twisted in a knot as he realized what this could potentially mean. 

"morgan, do you think-?" reid began but he shook his head, morgan making reid look at him. 

"hey, look at me, kid. until we find her, we cannot assume anything."

he nodded, taking a deep breath as he tried to focus himself back on finding you. hotch and rossi were left to try and continue working on the current case and prentiss and jj would eventually join them in doing so while morgan and reid searched for you. 

while reid was busy searching around the current area, morgan called jj and asked if they had found anything. when she said that they had found nothing, he looked over at reid before thanking her and hanging up.

"nothing," he said as reid hung his head, putting his hands on the back of his neck. 

"i don't even know where to began, morgan. she's gone, she's just vanished and gone and i just don't even know where to begin," he said, looking back up at him while morgan stared back before responding. 

"we will find her, kid. it will be okay," he replied. 

"you don't know that, morgan! what would you do if the person you loved most in this world was just gone and you don't even know where to look for them?" he said as morgan looked down towards his shoes as he let out a sigh. 

"i had no idea, kid," he muttered. "i mean, hell, we all assumed that you two liked each other but you love her?"

he nodded, looking down towards the ground once more. 

"i've loved her ever since we began dating," he said, running his hands through his hair. "and now she's just gone? and i have no idea where to look or where to start. she could be hurt, she could be dead, she could-"

"reid, you've got to get yourself together. if not for yourself, then do it for her. she needs you now more than ever," morgan said as reid nodded, looking back up at him.

"okay, okay," he said, taking a deep breath. "for her."