chapter 30

*+:。.。  。.。:+*

(edited on 08/17/22)

1.

2017, at the Sano Mansion (before Mitchy's return)

"So, this is your room," Shinichiro opened the door leading to the twin's room. It wasn't that big, nor it wasn't that small. Just right for the twins to walk and play around. There was a separate playroom for them too, and they shared it with Emma and Draken's son. Asa immediately ran toward the window seat by the left side of the room, his knees squishing one of the white with gold trim cushions decorated on the white cotton covering of the seat. Akira stayed in Shinichiro's arms, holding the stuffed bunny the couple gave her. She named it "Cream", by the way. 

The room looked like any other guest room in the mansion, except it had more of a soft look for the children to feel comfortable staying in. A painting of a magical forest painted in subtle and pastel colours was across the bedside of the wall, with two king-sized beds looking identical. The colour palette ranged from porcelain to tan spread across the furniture, with gold trim seen everywhere. And lastly, the ceiling hung two small chandeliers in front of each bed, both packed with bright LED lights. 

"Do you like it, Asa?" Wakasa walked towards the window seat, sitting beside his son with his upper body facing the little boy looking out at the garden under them. Shinichiro stepped inside the room with Akira still in his arms, sitting down on her bed (the one near the window). The blond girl stepped out of her father's arms and sat down beside him, her arms gently cradling the stuffed bunny. 

Asa nodded, his hands holding onto the stool of the window frame, and answering with a muttered hum. The younger husband then patted his head, earning nothing but a small blush of faze from the male twin.

Sometime later...

The new family are having their first dinner together, and the children never thought that the dining room would be like any other dining room of a normal family. A simple small room with a rectangular table in the middle, made out of plain wood. The table had something special, though, with different carvings of vines and roses circling over the legs. A small chandelier illuminated warm colours hung on the ceiling just above the round table. 

The four sat on each part of the table, with Asa nearer to Shinichiro and Akira beside Wakasa. The whole dinner was eerily quiet, and Shinichiro and Wakasa shot a few glances at each other, conversation with their eyes or small hand gestures. But it seems like the children enjoy Wakasa's cooking. That should be enough for them.

After eating, the two immediately ran towards the playroom, as if they'd known this place for years. The couple just gave each other a chuckle before casually following the twins. But...

They got lost in the mansion. And now the two are panicking about where they are.

"Where are the children?!" The lilac-eyed shook his husband by the collar, making Shinichiro dizzy.

"I don't know!" Shinichiro was on the verge of crying—like that was never normal, his hands holding Wakasa's wrists to stop him from shaking him. "I'm looking for them too, you know?!"

The ravenette was used to children getting lost, from Mikey and Emma always losing their way somehow wherever they go, he can find them in a second. But with his husband panicking, he starts to panic as well. 

Wakasa shook him harder, "Look for them!"

Tears fell from Shinichiro's eyes, panicking as well, "I will, please don't hurt me!"

And with that, Wakasa let Shinichiro go, and lead the quest to look for their children again. 

You'd probably think that they should be able to find the children immediately, for they know the floor plan of the mansion. But no, even they get confused in the thousand of hallways and corners this house has.