3. Omega Playtime

Okay, so there's a bit of smut in this chapter, cause why the hell not? Not always something I really enjoy writing, but the idea called for it, so here we go!

Also, this chapter is Richard/Malcolm. so the two accident prone little midgets.

Enjoy!

//\\//\\

Sitting on the couch, Malcolm curls up under the blankets as much as he can while he reads. Top Gear Dog is fast asleep on the end of the couch, while Blea lies stretched out on the floor next to the couch. He's completely comfortable right where he is reading his book, while two of their dogs - who have both been considerably protective over him and are almost always by his side ever since he found out about the pregnancy - lie close by.

However, despite all that, he feels rather... down.

He's not sure why he's feeling down all of a sudden. He hasn't just woken up from a particularly bad nightmare, and he isn't feeling any nausea from the pregnancy. His mood just feels... low.

Curse this pregnancy for giving him weird and random mood swings....

Maybe it's because all three of his packmates aren't currently at home right now and he's home alone with only the dogs and cats for company, Malcolm isn't sure. All he knows is that he doesn't feel quite right, and that none of his mates are here, and he has no idea when they'll be home. Which is unfortunate, because while he's not entirely sure why he's feeling down, he knows for a fact that he very much wants to be held by one of them. Though, all three of them would be better.

Unfortunately, that can't happen until they return home from the studio.

He's really regretting not accompanying them out there, now.... Considering they won't be home until later this afternoon, given the distance from their home in Oxfordshire to the Top Gear studio and track in Dunsfold. He'll absolutely be joining them there on Wednesday, though, for the filming of the episode going out Sunday night.

Until then, though, all he can do is read some more, or maybe get a bit of writing done, while he waits for their return....

And he does exactly that. For the next hour, until he hears a car pulling up in the drive.

Stopping what he's doing, Malcolm gets up from the couch, which causes both TG and Blea to wake and follow him over to the window and look outside. Richard's car is coming up the driveway, and from what he can tell, it's only Richard in the car. James and Jeremy must still be busy filming. Or maybe something happened causing Richard to come home early.

Malcolm bloody well hopes that nothing had happened to cause Richard to return home early without James and Jeremy. Least of all without letting him know beforehand, or to come pick him up, like if it's a case of him getting a bad migraine that puts him out of commission for almost the entire day. Which has happened a few too many times. Just one of the lasting side effects of the brain injury he had sustained back in 2006.

Making his way over to the front door with both TG and Blea following along behind him, Malcolm opens the door just as Richard parks the car, and gets out.

From what he can tell, Richard looks fine, so maybe he just finished a bit earlier than James and Jeremy, and just didn't want to hang around and wait for them to finish. Which means James and Jeremy will either have to borrow one of the cars at the track to get home, catch a taxi, or have him and Richard to go out and pick them up. Considering Malcolm is pretty sure the three of them left in one car together early this morning.

"You're home early." Malcolm says, as Richard makes his way up towards the house, TG and Blea right by his side after both dogs had run out to meet him as soon as the front door was opened. "Where's Jezza and May?"