5. Looking After the Idiots

Final part!! And now that this minific is over, I can start working more on the actual duology for this verse!

Anyway, enjoy!

~ Candy

//\\//\\

Malcolm watches as all three of his mates don't get out of bed with him, just stay right where they are after James had moved out of the way to let him up.

And he doesn't blame them for choosing to stay in bed. Not when it's only been a couple days since the BBC have officially announced that they're not going to renew Jeremy's contract, and both James and Richard have chosen to leave alongside him. Even though the BBC had offered them a pretty hefty sum to stay.

Although Malcolm isn't sure if the fact that James and Richard having put in their resignations have actually been announced yet. Only the fact that the BBC aren't renewing Jeremy's contract has been announced as far as he knows.

But they couldn't just abandon Jeremy. It wouldn't feel right if they had, and Malcolm believes that if James and Richard had decided to stay on, then it would end up having a more negative effect, and just wouldn't be the same.

The three of them are a package deal. They know it, and the whole world knows it. It's a bit too late for the three of them to go their separate ways on TV at this point.

As for The Stig however, Malcolm isn't sure what's happening with him, or where the hell the alien has gone. According to Andy, the last anyone had heard of him, he had gone into the BBC head's office, and demanded that they renew Jeremy's contract.

Whatever happened after that, though, nobody knows. It seems that The Stig has just completely vanished.

"Do you guys want me to get you anything?" Malcolm asks, frowning as he watches the three of them. "Some tea, maybe?"

His frown deepening as he watches Jeremy pull the blanket up over his head and pull Richard - who doesn't appear to mind being manhandled around by Jeremy - closer to him.

James reaches a hand out towards Malcolm as he sits up, pulling him down to sit back on the bed. "Stay with us a bit longer?" He asks. "Please?"

Malcolm sighs as he lets James pull him down onto his lap. He'd very much love to stay in bed with his mates, but... he's got his own work to take care of. Which okay, is mostly only writing, and he had promised Gil that he'd call, but still.

Although, the writing part he supposes can wait a bit longer. But considering time zone differences, he really needs to call Gil before it starts to get too late, or Gil isn't available to talk.

But even if he decides to postpone his call with Gil, he knows that the man will understand, given the circumstances.

"I'll stay for a little while longer." He decides, glancing at the clock on the bedside table, finding that it's half eight in the morning, which is around the time that the four of them would usually be up. Or, around the time that James, Jeremy, and Richard would be up, while Malcolm would still be in bed for a bit longer (lately, at least due to the pregnancy). "But I promised Gil I'd call him today."

James nods, humming slightly as he leaves small kisses on Malcolm's neck. "I'm sure Gil will understand if you're a bit late in calling him."

Yes. Gil will understand. But he's still going to have to get up soon regardless, even if James, Jeremy, and Richard decide to stay in bed for much longer. He going to have to get something to eat, as he's no doubt going to get hungry soon.

And Andy may call him, wanting to check up on how James, Jeremy and Richard are doing. Or how Jeremy's doing specifically. Or maybe Andy will come over to check on them all. So at least one of them should be up just in case Andy calls or comes over. And Malcolm has decided that he'll be the one to get up, while his mates stay in bed.