4. Safe with Us

Running his fingers through Malcolm's hair softly, Richard holds the younger omega close as he sleeps cuddled up against him, snoring softly. A peaceful sight, and one that Richard has come to love since he, James, and Jeremy had welcomed the young omega into their pack.

Although it took a while for Malcolm to get to this point, to willingly sleep in the same bed as them all, or to sleep without restraints due to severe night terrors, but now... now he's completely comfortable with it. And even though it's been a few years since he's adjusted to it, and there's still some rough nights, Richard is still thrilled with his youngest packmate's progress. It absolutely broke him to see how Malcolm had to restrain himself down just so he didn't hurt himself while he slept.

Honestly, if he were to ever meet Malcolm's father... he's not sure he'd be able to stop himself from giving that man a piece of his mind for all the trauma he's given Malcolm at he has discovered one of his father's victims in the basement of their family home when he was only ten years old. Then all the resurfacing trauma he went through before his father's arrest, and then everything he went through years following the arrest.

Richard, nor James and Jeremy are certain on the full extent of everything Malcolm's father put him through. Only most of what Malcolm has confided in them about, and the old news reports of the Surgeon's arrest. Then there was that whole situation a few years back when his father had escaped Claremont, and went on the run, taking Malcolm with him at one point, where it all came to an end when Malcolm had stabbed him. However, Martin Whitly had unfortunately survived that, and it had all resulted in Malcolm becoming barred from working on law enforcement ever again. Although, there seems to be a few details about that whole incident that Malcolm hasn't told them about.

Honestly, Richard doesn't care how bad it may sound, but he wishes that Martin Whitly had died that day. At least that way he would be out of Malcolm's life for good. Although, with Malcolm living with them in England now, rather than America, his father is pretty much out of his life now, but he's still alive.

And Richard feels it would be much better if the man was dead.

He's certain James and Jeremy feel the exact same. Jeremy has expressed that if he ever was to meet Martin Whitly that someone would need to hold him back from punching the arsehole in the face. Personally, Richard would rather let Jeremy punch the man instead of stopping him from doing so.

...maybe it's a good thing that Malcolm has expressed that he never wants them to meet his father.... And Richard is absolutely fine with that. As far as he cares, he's already met the man that is truly Malcolm's father. That man being Gil Arroyo, not Martin Whitly.

There's also the fact that Richard wasn't exactly on board with adding another omega into their pack to begin with that had Malcolm a little hesitant to sleep in the same bed as the three of them, or to sleep alone without his restraints.

Richard won't lie and say that it didn't exactly make him feel good or wanted anymore when James and Jeremy first brought the subject up after they had noticed the young omega in that pub. Especially considering his fertility issues.... Ignoring the fact that it turns out Malcolm also has some fertility issues due to his many medications, but at least he was able to get pregnant, while Richard just can't. Even if it did take many attempts.

But as soon as he had actually seen the younger man for himself for the first time, something in him had changed and he decided that yes, he wants him too. He can't explain what that feeling was, hadn't really felt it before, but something inside him just screamed mine about the younger omega.

He's not sure if it was the same feeling he had felt when he first met James and Jeremy, but it was something.

Looking over towards the doorway as the door opens, and both James and Jeremy's scents waft into the room, Richard smiles up at them, before pressing a finger to his lips. Effectively warning the alpha and the beta to be quiet so to not wake their youngest packmate.