BUT OVERFLOWING PEACE

Wren's POV

"Stop it!" I snap, causing Maeve's eyes to widen and her mouth to drop open.

"Why the hell are you so cranky?" She asks as she puts her hands on her hips and tilts her head, trying to decide if she wants to smack me or calm me down.

"I passed cranky two days ago! You are acting like a petulant toddler, Maeve! YOU are the one who wanted our husband to have the right to control you. YOU are the one who decided to get yourself into trouble, and YOU are the one who lost her phone. I didn't! Yet I have to hear about it constantly....You're driving me crazy! I don't even have kids yet and you're making me dread the teenage years."

She pops her gum and nods, her eyes tightening. "Well sorry Miss 'I was the smart one who wanted a vanilla relationship'."

"You say vanilla like it's a bad thing....."

"Well, I never knew phone taking was a thing, or I might'a ordered myself a big, fat vanilla marriage too. This is KIIIIIILLING ME!!!!!!" She whines as she flops on the couch and covers her face with a decorative pillow.

"Oh for the love of my sanity," I groan as I give her my phone off of the table and her eyes light up.

"Are you kidding me?!?!?!" She squeals excitedly.

"What's going to happen to me if he catches on?" I ask, suddenly wary. I DID sign up for a vanilla marriage, so I can't be in trouble for this, right?

"Sorry friend, but I'm not worried about you....I'll get myself a Finn special if he catches on. Go on the lookout for me, would ya?" She asks as she shoos me away and gets on my Facebook, logging me out and logging herself in.

"If I give Sadie this number, is that pushing it?" She asks as she clicks her tongue absentmindedly.

"You know you could always text her while you're at work, right?" I ask as I glance out the window, completely annoyed that I've been demoted to look-out in this relationship.

"I thought about it, but last night when I came home he went through my phone to make sure I only used it for work....He would catch me and take it away for longer."

"How do you not have TikTok?" She gasps as she gets off of Facebook and looks through my apps.

"Because I heard it's addicting and I like to spend my time stimulating my brain, not melting it."

"Pssshhhhh! Wren, please can I download TikTok on your phone?"

"Fine..." I grumble as I shake my head. Somehow I think I'm going to be punished too; I think I've officially lost my phone to Maeve.

After a minute, Maeve gasps so loudly I think I've failed at my lookout job. Please don't be mad, Finn... please don't be mad.

"Wren Edith DeMille!!!!" She whispers as she look at me, her face redder than the cherry tomatoes I have in the fridge.

"What?"

"It's always the quiet ones...." She mutters as she flips over my phone, revealing an extremely risque picture I took for Finn when he was working late last week.

My cheeks suddenly resemble hers as I lose my will to live.

"You....I....I told you that you could get on my phone! Not snoop through my pictures!"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to....Well, I did, but I thought you were gonna have cute pictures of Jane. Dang girl!!!! You need to show off your body more and quit hiding under all the frump!"

"I don't wear frumpy clothes," I grumble as I pull the curtain back and glare at her.

"No, but with that body.......Wear a bikini once in a while!"