¹⁷ 𝗉𝗋𝗈 𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗈 𝗁𝖺𝗐𝗄𝗌

🗒 ❛ chapter seventeen ༉‧

shouto sometimes hated how he couldn't express his feelings. he wanted to, he really did. there's no one he would be more comfortable with than you.

but sometimes, he just wasn't able to. it wasn't easy for him to open up to anyone in the first place. coming to UA high, izuku midoriya became his first friend.

and y/n l/n his first-ever best friend.

at first, y/n l/n was another student in his class that got in by recommendation. that was all he had paid mind to.

apparently, you were helping someone on the street, fighting a giant and dangerous villain a 16-year-old could only dream of even facing.

in the process, you had somehow caught the eye of pro hero hawks, who carried on to be your mentor ever since, and also the one who got you recommended to UA.

"there's something different about you, kid. you deserve to be in the most prestigious school for hero course"

making friends at UA was easy. everyone was nice and they were the kindest souls you had ever seen, you could go to anyone in the need of distress.

the only one who was a bit difficult to open up to was a certain red and white-haired boy.

he was the one who caught your eye first in the class, obviously because of his dual-colored hair and piercing stare at you.

he was confident in himself, one of the most powerful ones in the class. apparently, everyone knew about his issues with his father.

you were the one who had approached him first. sitting beside him on the empty lunch table while ochaco and tsuyu gawked at you both, passing smiles.

perhaps you had developed an innocent crush in the first year at UA.

"i'm not here to make friends with anyone"