16

Gio's POV

[Munich, Germany. 17 years old]

It's been two years already. After I got the ring, I never had another chance to talk with Adi. Mr. Bach hurriedly fetched me from the Philippines because he said that I need a lot more time in order to adjust to a new environment and lifestyle. I initially planned to stay until graduation and stack a couple of happy memories with Adi but things didn't go the way I wanted.

At first, I thought that leaving her without a word of goodbye is the best thing to do but I got it all wrong. I already miss her so much. I miss the way she laughed at her own jokes. I surprisingly missed her snores and the feeling of waking up beside her kahit na sinisipa niya ko sa kalagitnaan ng gabi. I miss the food she cooks kahit na medyo maalat, now I don't have a choice but to cook for myself since I don't want to eat another girl's dish if it is not made by Adi.

I tried to reach my phone from the bedside table and opened the screen to look at Adi's sweet smile. I badly want to see her right now but I need to hold on for a little longer. Just a little bit more.

I sat and leaned at the headboard to read a couple of pages from the books Adi used to read. I've been doing this for the past year so that we could talk about a lot of things when I visit her during my vacation.

The doorbell rang right after I finished preparing myself to go to school. I didn't bother to hurry up and open the door. It must be that woman again. When will she stop, I'm slowly getting pissed with her?

"Good morning, Gio!" She greeted me with a smile while holding a packed lunch in both her arms.

"It's Van for you, Miss." I tried to be polite but remained indifferent so she could get the hint that her affection is unwelcomed.

"But Adi always called you Gio so why couldn't I do the same?" This is the reason why she's annoying.

"You're not Adi." I stepped out of the door and locked up my house.

I always leave her behind every day but she'll keep on following up like a lost puppy. I stopped my tracks after a few steps and decided to look back.

I think maybe I said too much?

"Uhm-Miss Danica, I didn't want to be rude but I despised the fact that you keep on doing useless things. You're just tiring yourself. From the very first day we met here in Germany, you already knew that I liked Adi, right?" I straightforwardly uttered.

"I know from that very day na umamin ako sa'yo sa rooftop. No, we all knew kahit hindi niyo sabihin ni Adi. The way you both look at each other is clear evidence of how much you care for Adi's well-being but you left her without a word. You just disappeared from Adi's side so I thought I could give things a shot." she said in a low voice.

"I love her." Danica looked at my eyes as if eyeing whether I'm telling the truth.

"I love Adi more than you all could see and I didn't leave without a word, I already proposed a marriage to Adi's parents." I looked at Danica's troubled expression. I hope that she'll finally give up any fantastical whims she had.

Straight out rejecting her might be cruel but this is for the best.

[Airport in the Philippines. 6 o'clock in the morning]

"Is there really a need to go home, Mr. Hernandez?" the old man asked for the nth time.

"Yes." I'm getting tired of answering this man's question.

"Why? You could use this time to complete your research. Isn't graduating earlier a better deal than going home like this?" He's right but I'll really go crazy if I don't check things out with my own eyes.

"I want to see her, hear her and hug her. I might really go crazy if I hold this off any longer." I said and hurriedly called for a cab.

"You're just hurting yourself, Hijo."

"I know you're worried Mr. Bach but I'll be good. I won't kill the thief." I gave him a faint smile then rode the cab.

"Dito po sa address na 'to, Manong." I politely said to the driver.

"Exclusive village po 'to, Ser? Hindi po sila nagpapapasok ng public transportation."

"Ayos lang po. Sa gate niyo na lang po ako ng subdivision ibaba." I didn't utter another word and just ran through the lines I prepared to say to Adi after I get home.

I'm freaking nervous. Is she mad at me? Will she hug me back if I hug her upon seeing her? What if she pushes me away? What if she loves that man? Ipagpapalit niya ba talaga ako? No, she can't do this to me! Adi shouldn't leave me, I can't take it.

"Ser nandito na tayo, 500 pesos lang po. Gud lak, Ser. Wag kang mag-alala, mahal ka nun." I smirked at Manong's advice and handover my fare to him.

The guards gave short greetings to me before letting me in. Two years may have passed but they still know me. I'm so nervous that I could feel my palms sweating. Will she scowl at me because I never contacted her in the past two years?

I continuously walk and head for the Benson family's house despite my anxiety and worries. Needlessly worrying like this won't give the answer at Talliah's sudden news.

***

The scene in front of me gave me a heavy blow. This is cheating! I want to run to them, grab that man's neck and bash his head at the wall. My life is smiling at another man. My Arcadia is letting another man touch her. How could this be?

"Crying like that won't help, Gio." A woman's voice said behind me.

"Talliah..." I whispered her name, although I can't see her with my blurry eyes. I just knew that it's her.

"Kasalanan mo 'yan. Buti nga sa'yo." This woman is really annoying. I don't really like this side of her but she's a good person so I'm holding it in.

"I know. Kaya ako umuwi sa Pilipinas para ayusin pagkakamali ko. I'll start with that fucker's face, how dare her covet my Arcadia!" I said and started heading in their direction but Talliah stopped my tracks.

"Bobo ka rin pala." She said with an amused expression.

"What?"

"Bumalik ka na sa Germany. Wala kang lugar dito." She said with a cold expression. Ah, she's definitely mad at me for leaving Adi like that but I love Adi so I won't back down easily.

"Hoy, Gio! Ano sa tingin mong ginagawa mo? Bumalik ka na sa Germany, iwanan mo na sakin mga pasalubong mo samin."

"Shameless." I said to her with a straight face.

"Ako pa talaga ah? Ako na ngang bahala kay Adi tapos ginaganito mo ko. May tiwala ka naman kay Adi, right?"

"OF COURSE! Pero sa lalaking 'yun wala. Who's that squid anyway?" I said while pointing at the man na umaalalay kay Adi pasakay sa kotse.

"Yun naman pala eh. Then go back to Germany. Tapusin mo na ang lahat para makabalik ka na agad sa tabi ng best friend ko. Additionally, si Pres 'yang iniinsulto mong pusit." Look at that shameless guy, pumuporma kasi wala ako sa tabi ni Adi.

"I should've clarified everything before leaving."

"Dapat lang naman talaga kaso bobo ka, deserve mo lang 'to." She really have a foul mouth, I really wonder how that guy could stay beside Talliah.

Maybe going back is the best course of action, right now? I trust Adi more than anyone else does.

Gio, I'm willing to marry you with paper rings so please don't be committed to a girl if it's not me.

She asked me this so I better grit my teeth than mess things up.