Chapter 2

Niko's perspective

"Hasumi, cut the supply lines from your 5 'o'clock; they would force you to fall back, so we can adjust our positions. Yuuka, keep pushing with your barrier while Suzumi covers you. We also need to collect their ammo so we can keep fighting."

"Roger Sensei!"

It had been thirty minutes since the combat began, and we had made good progress.
I stationed Hasumi in the back to be our lookout and discover any weak points in the region. Yuuka is our vanguard since her technology, which employs barriers, protects us from the bullets used by the enemy, while Suzumi backs her up with her flashbang and Chinatsu heals us. We gain momentum and ease our defense lines, but our resources are running low, so I need to take safeguards while remaining proactive with our defense line.

"Sensei, we need your orders. We are running low on supplies, but we managed to hit their supply lines, and they are falling back."

"Good, make sure to get their ammo; I'm sure it would be useful."

"Suzumi reporting, Sensei, it turns out we managed to get them to retreat; it was estimated that around 2 battalions of them were charging in, and it is quite a feat for us four."

"Good job. Keep our distance while Chinatsu heals you guys. Chinatsu, it's your turn."

"Copy Sensei"

Two Battalions? That's insane, and I assumed there were at least 50 of them along with the Crusader Tank, but there's no place for it, and it's already been half an hour.

"Sensei, take cover!"

A sonic boom hits our location, and I didn't expect it. The four of them are fine because it did not harm them. I believe my left arm was dislocated when I was smacked by the wall beside me.

"Taena, I think my left arm broke."

"Sensei, are you alright?! You're injured; we need to fall back!" Yuuka yelled as she ran towards me.

"No! Keep defending; I'm alright."

"But Sense-"

"I order you to return to your positions; this place is our priority, Hayase Yuuka!"

"Roger Sensei"

I shouted at her without noticing. I should have apologized to her later, but I could hear what the other side was saying.

"Wohooo, take that, you dogs! This tank is invincible."

"Ha-ha! This is the payback for putting me in that place, you mongrels!"

Hasumi calls me unexpectedly, and her voice is furious.

"Sensei, you heard that? I think that's the suspended student, and I can't believe that's the new variation of that tank they're using against us."

I immediately looked to the opposite side. The girl stood at the top of the Crusader Tank, wearing a crimson, blazing Kimono, and brandishing an M1 Garand.

"Sensei, this is bad news. There's nothing in our database about its weak spot. At this point, we need air superiority to take it down."

I saw the cannon was damaged and sluggish to recharge.

"There is one Hasumi, and only you can do it."

"Sensei, are you sure?"

"Trust me, I want you to put your EX skill at that cannon until I make the signal, while Yuuka and Suzumi will go crazy to clear a path for you."

"Copy sensei"

"Yuuka, Suzumi, I order you to go wild as far as you want."

Then Yuuka and Suzumi smiled; they understood what I was saying.