Chapter 1

(A/N Sorry if this is bad, I'm still trying to figure out how to play her personality. I planned out Estella's for 4 months before I even posted the first chapter so Natalie's going to be a little rough around the edges for a sec. Also, this doesn't have a specific place in time. Some future things will be mentioned.)

After a 45-hour drive, and only stopping to sleep once; Natalie passed the 'Welcome to Forks" sign. She pulled over and sighed, leaning her head onto the steering wheel. 

'Will they still even have my parents' place?' She thought, realizing she probably should have in fact, called first. She sighed once again before pulling onto the road. Natalie followed the signs pointing to La Push beach and decided she will stay there in the car and figure things out first. She doesn't know what's keeping her from going just straight to the Rez but there is a feeling in her gut, telling her if she went now something bad would happen. 

Pulling into a parking space, she took her school bag and the emergency blanket that her mom kept in the car. The teen walked off of the lot and wandered around the woods to find a new reading tree. Back in Texas, there was a local wooded area that she explored. When she was 12 she found the perfect tree that had a thick branch pretty high up that had a perfect view of the city. Every chance she got, she was in that tree.

Softly humming along to the music in her ears, Natalie flings her backpack over her shoulder and begins to study a tree. It was thick and not too close to the cliff. And it was tall. Not too dead. She nodded in acceptance and began to climb. She made it 3/4 of the way up the tree and decided it was high enough, just in case. She looked out and saw that the view was great. She could see the waves crashing against the cliff and the whales swimming far out in the sea. She now has a new favorite tree.

Around the same time, a vampire was hunting. The woman caught the sound of humming and followed it, seeing it was just a human in a tree made her carefully speed away. Later on, she remembers the sound and how familiar it was. 

-

A pixie-looking girl skips into their living room with a wide grin. "This week will be interesting for sure." She glanced at the 'twins' and wiggled her eyebrows. "Alice? What did you see?" Jasper asks. "You'll see tomorrow." The short girl pat his back and sped out to hunt. Edward had a goofy grin after seeing what Alice saw. His soulmate. And Jaspers and Rosalie's. Both coming on the same day. 

-

Natalie continued to perch on the tree until the sun started going down and she got a 'low battery warning.' Deciding to go to the Rez, she finally makes it to her car and hits the road. 

Pulling up in front of a slightly familiar red house, she knocked on the door. A man in a wheelchair opened it and stared at her blankly. Her nerves going haywire she squeaks out a 'hi.'

She doesn't know how to feel. Her parents died not even 3 days ago and she hasn't cried once. She just ran. Everything hit her all at once she glanced around in panic.

"By god. You look just like your mother." Billy mumbled backing up. "Come in sweetie. I got a call from the Houston police department saying you left. I thought you'd show up eventually. JACOB GET IN HERE." He shouts backing up to let the girl in. "What's up dad?" A tan boy jogs in meeting eyes with Natalie. 

"This is Natalie...Dakota and... Sylvia's daughter." Billy spoke looking down, eyes brimming with tears. Natalie's lip trembled but she forced herself to stop. She can't cry in front of strangers. Family or not, that's what they are to her right now. Strangers.

"When we got the call, we went to clean up their cottage. We have an open bed here if you'd rather stay with us?" He offered before continuing. "The cottage is pretty far out on the Rez. We tried to get you signed up for school out here but they said it's too late into the year, so a friend of mine got you signed up for the high school in town, in case you did show up." He began to ramble.