Epilogue

The vampires rushed out of the dance and sped around the perimeter of the school. They picked up a small scent but it wasn't potent enough to follow. Carlisle suggested coming home from the prom early makeing Natalie and Leo refuse. 

"Nope. We won't let that bitch ruin our night. She's not here anymore and if she shows up again, we have Frankies sniffer." Leo had commented snickering at his wolf joke. It earned him an elbow to the ribs but she snorted a little making him grin.

Rosalie got her dance. Multiple actually. Their bodies molded together as they danced to the fast paced songs before the slow songs came back. Rosalie enjoyed the slow ones more. They were more... Intimate. Even if it's just emotionally. 

After a short argument between the two personalities, Ares had fronted and got a few slow dances. The god of war were struggling with all of the humans around. His mates scent washes over him, making him calm immediateley. 

Earth, coffee, fire and new books. 

"How are you guys doing?" She asked quietly. "We're okay now. It was a struggle for a moment but now with you here were all good. I promise." Ares swore. "Tell me when you start getting uncomfortable and we will leave okay?" He nodded as her head laid on his chest. 

"So, you could smell her huh?" He made conversation. "Yeah. She smelled really sweet. Like disgustingly sweet. Like sugar and poison."

"So...You're Not So Human after all." Ares smirks while the two soulmates dance the night away. "I guess so. Though Rosie told me you suspected that before I even knew." He shrugged unapologetically as he twirled her under his arm. 

"It was either you or Leo. You could have been a witch for all we knew." She hummed and looked at him in intrigue. "Witches are real too?" 

That started a whole new conversation. As they swayed, Ares explain all he knew about supernatural creatures. "Most mythical creatures were just vampires with gifts." He added toward the end. "Like mermaids?" When the man nodded she huffed in defeat. "Man, that would be the only thing cooler than being a vampire- being a mermaid." She reminisced, thinking about all the times as a child that she wished she was a mermaid and had powers. Shooting stars, birthdays, thanksgivings and whenever she saw a fountain. It was always the same. 

"Now that I think about it, sirens i'd say are real. Witches can use magic in many ways and some of them are through their voice. In our travels, Jasper and I met one in a cafe just before Alice found us. She had told us that we would find power one day. Whatever that means." 

The two danced making conversation until people began to file out. The lights dimmed as the games were taken down or unplugged. Natalie watched as Eric and Angela bounced up and down at the DJ booth as they messed with the beats of the song.