.+* Prolouge *+.

Giyuu heard screams from the next room, bowls shattering in the ground. He brought his knees up to his chest and held his hands over his mouth to prevent any noise from escaping his lips. Any at all could be fatal.

Tears welled up in his eyes as he heard the monster laughing  maniacally. It had broken into his home while he was sleeping, and his sister told him to hide in his room.

Nee-San told me not to leave until she calls me… She'll be fine, she's big and strong..! Giyuu thought, reassuring himself, before he winced as he heard what sounded like the table hitting the wall.

Giyuu heard his breath as he heard his sister yelling again, until suddenly it all went silent. "Nee-San..?" Giyuu whispered out with a choked sob. No response.

Giyuu sat silently crying in the closet for what felt like an eternity, but in reality it was only a few minutes. "I know Nee-San said to hide here but… I have to make sure she's okay…" He stood up, slowly creaking open the door to his room. 

Giyuu peered around the mess of a room before him, the table was completely broken, shards of glass lay scattered across the floor. That's when he noticed the thick, red puddle which was slowly spreading across the floor, bit by bit staining the clean wooden floor a dark shade of red.

"Nee-san..? Are you there..?" He called out. No answer. Giyuu's voice echoed off the walls back to him, and he concluded the monster must be gone. He ran up to his sister and stopped, the sight before him too much to look at without throwing up, he turned his head away.

"Giyuu..? Is that.. Is that you?" He heard a soft voice ask from below him. Quickly, forgetting the gorey sight before him, Giyuu was on his knees holding his big sister's hand.

"It's me Nee-San, I'm here.." She smiled weakly, looking up at him as tears welled in her eyes, treating to run down her perfect face, which was now splattered with her own blood. Shakily, she raised her hands, clasping Giyuu's face in them.

"Listen Giyuu.. I don't have much time left, okay?" Giyuu shook his head in response. Tsutako was going to live, she had to. "I need you to know, I love you… So, so much, and you're the… The best little brother anyone… Could possibly ask for." Her hands shook on his face, and Giyuu quickly grabbed her hands, holding them there. 

"Giyuu.. That thing… It hasn't left, please.. Run and get… Get help, okay? I promised… that I'd keep you… safe…" She smiled up at him as a think trickle of blood escaped her mouth and her body went limp.

"Nee-San..?" Giyuu asked quietly, gently squeezing her hands to wake her up. "No.. Please wake up..!" Tears began to race down his face as he shook his sister's lifeless body. It was quite the pitiful sight to see.

"Oh my, how sad." A voice said from behind the crying boy. Giyuu whipped his head around, only to notice he was face to face with the monster that broke in. The one that killed his sister.

It looked almost human. Almost. But Giyuu knew it wasn't. The horns and tail it possessed said differently. "How pitiful, but at least I get two meals rather than one now." It grinned. A horrible grin with sharp, Cheshire cat teeth, splattered with dried blood.

"Although, you are quite… Small." It picked up Giyuu from the back of his haori, lifting him off the ground with ease. "Let go of me you monster!" He yelled, swinging kicks and punches at the beast. It merely laughed.

"You bastard! You killed my Nee-san! Give her back!" He sobbed at the beast, wriggling around furiously in its grip. "I'll kill you! Give back my sister!" Giyuu yelled, managing to grab two fistfuls of the monster's white hair, and pulling. 

"Argh! You little shit! I'll kill you like I killed your sister, and I'll make sure it's slow and painful!" It screeched at him, before throwing him at the wall across the room. Giyuu heard a sickening crack, and felt the wind being forced out his lungs, leaving him coughing on the floor, tears running down his face.

The creature stepped forwards, and placed a foot on Giyuu's chest, pressing down until the horrible cracks echoed through the room, each one followed by a sobbing child.

The creature bent over and whispered down to Giyuu who was whimpering pathetically on the floor. "I was going to eat you and your sister, but judging by your behaviour, I doubt either of you will taste good… I suppose I'll just leave you here to die."

It traced a thin line across Giyuu's throat with one of its clawed nail, blood quickly bubbling up to his mouth, he began sputtering and coughing, choking on his own bodily fluids. "Pathetic." The creature growled at him.

Giyuu closed his hand around a shard of glass that lay where he'd landed, and stabbed it into the monster's arm with all his might. It cried out in pain, pulling out the glass shard, blood pouring out from its wrist, landing on Giyuu's wound.

The beast paused, looking down at him with a scowl, which slowly turned into a sneer as it noticed how its blood had splashed into Giyuu's wound. It chuckled and bent down to his face.

"I doubt you'll survive the transformation, that's a lot of blood… Heh, but it sure will be painful."

Giyuu's eyes widened in fear, before quickly shutting them as more tears flooded his vision, a sudden sharp pain in the wound on his neck. He began gasping for air as it felt like his throat was closing up, and he began clawing desperately at it, spreading the wound and the monster's blood even more.

All he could do was watch helplessly as the creature stood up and left. It turned to give him one final grin, before disappearing in the blink of an eye. The last Giyuu felt before losing consciousness, was a sharp pang in his stomach. He felt… hungry?