Part 2, Chapter 16: Calm

Leaving the Facility:

Same Day

-------------------------------------------

The Royals and John were leaving the facility after being dismissed by Victor. They left Leilah behind with the other Spectre employees as she still had to take part in the planning. Blyke was still annoyed by John's sudden increase in strength and decided to speak up.

"So, care to explain what you did back there?" Blyke interrogated him.

"Yeah," Remi chimed in. "Ella even mentioned that you seemed different."

By now, everyone was in on the conversation, eagerly awaiting his response.

"Well, let me ask you... Do I seem different to you?" John replied.

"You want a serious answer?" Blyke asked.

"Oh, jeez..." Isen shook his head, knowing that Blyke was looking for trouble.

Blyke walked over to John and began to inspect him.

John gave off a disturbed look.

"Blyke..." Arlo warned him.

"What, I'm just making sure I give an accurate answer!" Blyke responded.

After a few more looks, he stepped back.

"Nope, nothings different... Still the same old asshole!" Blyke turned around and began walking again.

John just shook his head along with everyone else. Soon after they began walking to catch up with Blyke.

"So, are you gonna ask me a serious question, or should I just ignore you like usual?" John repeated.

Before Blyke could respond, Arlo spoke up.

"You have," he stated.

"Oh?" John signaled for his explanation.

Arlo remained silent.

"Care to elaborate?" John prompted him.

"No, I don't think I will," Arlo concluded.

This earned him a subtle laugh from Isen who was highly amused. Yet, Isen was almost immediately silenced by a glare from John.

"Classic, Arlo, real classic..." John remarked.

"Hey, anyone else hungry?" Remi broke up the conversation.

"Yeah, let's hit this place," Elaine pointed to a diner.

The others agreed and they crossed the street to the other side. Right as everyone was entering, Isen brought something up as a joke that turned out to be more serious than intended.

"You got money, cuz you're gonna need it!" Isen shouted.

John stopped cold in his tracks.

'Shit...' He thought.

Seraphina noticed and turned around as everyone else was entering.

"Relax, John... I got you," Seraphina told him.

John smiled.

"Of course, you've always got me," John began moving again.

-------------------------------------------

Inside the Diner:

-------------------------------------------

Seraphina made sure to sit next to John, but they had no control over where everyone else decided to take their seats... Arlo ended up being directly across from John who was still slightly annoyed from his earlier words.