Part 2, Chapter 19: To be

Wellston:

Arlo's Apartment-

----------------------------------

As everyone was busy laughing, Blyke was busy thinking. Thinking about how all this training was meant to bring him to the level of king. To the level of strength that he would be able to confidently relieve John and Arlo of the role.

After all, this was the last year for both of them, and without a suitable replacement, the kingship could fall to a powerful first-year.

Then the cycle would repeat.

So, Blyke spoke up. Pleasantly surprising John and Arlo.

"This is great and all..." He began. "But, could we get to training already?"

The laughing did stop from this, but not in an abrupt way.

John cracked a small grin from this.

"You heard the man," said John while swiveling the room. "Let's get moving!"

The royals, and John, broke their circle and split up. Elaine taking the sideline in preparation to heal, with John and Arlo at the front of the room.

John spoke first.

"Isen!" He called.

"YESSIR!" Isen prepared a salute which earned a glare from John and a snicker from Remi and Blyke.

"Careful," John opened with before continuing.

Isen immediately stood at attention without a salute this time.

"I think you and Remi should spar..." John finished.

Isen immediately wanted to protest this but Arlo stopped him.

"John is right here," he began. "You and Remi are inherently close range and would be a better match."

"Plus," Arlo continued. "John needs to work with Blyke to show him new ways to expand his ability."

"And besides, Isen, whether you want to believe it or not..." Arlo prepared a statement. "All the beatings you have taken, whether they be from John or a terrorist group, you've gotten stronger."

Isen thought to himself, and for the first time in his life, he was serious.

"Then I will," he stated, now facing Remi.

Both of them moved to a separate corner of the room and began trading attacks.

"Remember!" John shouted. "NO ability use!"

"However, Blyke, I think that you can activate yours," John was now looking at him and Arlo.

Arlo was about to protest for the safety of his home.

"But!" John cut him off. "No lasers. Just activated."

Arlo breathed a sigh of relief.

"We are moving on to the second part of the training..." John began. "We have worked on the basic fighting skills to defend yourself, but now we need to amplify your stamina."

"But I feel pretty good when I fight, especially against you..." Blyke muttered the last part.

"Maybe," said John. "Yet, this will work to let you divert energy to new aspects of your ability because maintaining it will not drain you," he continued. "Regardless of whether or not you feel it."

John then redirected his gaze to Arlo.

"You should try this too," he said.

Arlo, who was already standing with his arms crossed, was clearly thinking about it. However, he was less sure if he wanted to grant John the minor victory of taking his advice.