Part 2, Chapter 20: Stamina

Just After the Call:

Arlo's Apartment-

---------------------------------

"Well..." Spoke Elaine. "That was sudden!"

Most everyone gave a silent nod in agreement.

"John," Arlo looked in his direction. "What is this plan of yours, then?"

John perked up.

"First, we're gonna need to REALLY speed up the training..." John began. "That means, minimal combat training and more ability training unfortunately."

"Even though most of you have some level of experience due to being high-tiers, it will be a rough match against anyone up close," John continued.

"For the best chance, my plan for ability work is as follows..." John prepared. "Keep your abilities on until this is all over."

This earned John some shocked expressions. The abilities which everyone uses are powerful, this much is true, yet what is known least is the stamina draw it takes to use them in a prolonged fight.

Yes, high-tiers are stronger, but they also, almost always, fight against those who are weaker by tier levels, not just an arbitrary decimal place.

John continued.

"Before you all protest this, remember our first fight against Ella at the facility," said John. "She single-handedly beat all of us."

Everyone was looking at John, eager for his reasoning.

"I, personally, don't think that she would have had such an easy time against all of us if we hadn't had to fight Volcan, Braun, and the Iceman," John explained. "Therefore, our stamina would have been fine, and our abilities would have been as powerful as they should have been."

What John was alluding to, was the fact that during prolonged engagements, and when damage has been sustained without the presence of a healer, ability levels drop.

Elaine may have been there, but she was busy with Seraphina, and even then, eventually she would reach her own limit with having to hold up several different people.

When Ella first arrived, she was fighting against worn-out high-tiers. Although that may have not made a difference in the long run since she is extremely powerful, it may have made a difference.

John continued again.

"If we had even another five minutes, Seraphina would have woken up and I wouldn't have been pinned yet," said John. "That could have made the difference."

 This seemed to resonate with everyone.

"So," Blyke spoke up. "What you're saying is that we should actively train with our abilities on and not turn them off, ever?"

John realized the confusion that came from what he explained earlier.

"No, when you sleep turn them off, unless you can sleep with it on..." John pondered.

This caused Blyke, Isen, and John to look as though they were thinking of trying it.

"You know, that could actually work..." Isen thought out loud. 

"Idiots..." Arlo muttered loud enough so that everyone would hear them. "Are you guys seriously thinking of trying that?!"

"HEY!" Isen protested. "It's an interesting thought!"

"Yeah!" Seraphina spoke up. "It is interesting!"

"See!" John was excited by this. "Even Sera thi-"

However, he was cut off mid-sentence...