Vampire 3 Z

I had a dream the other day where I walked all the way through a big city to go to a house. The house wasn't out in the country so much as it was on the edge of town. It was big and wooden and painted dark shades of purples and pinks and teals like the dark side of sky when the sun is setting. The inside was the same. It was dark, warm, and cozy. Like a crazy fortune teller lady lived there and had a thing for hanging thick dusty drapes over everything! Walls, tables, chairs, you name it and it was probably hiding under something.  

I suddenly remembered that I was there to see my boyfriend Zero (a cartoon character from an anime I haven't seen in YEARS). There were lots of people in this house and I met two twins; Zico and Zelo (Ha!). They sat me down on the couch and started rough housing with each other while I watched.  

"Where's Zero?" I'd ask. 

"Oh he'll be down in a minute." Zelo would say. 

"What are you talking about? I'm Zero." Zico would say then they'd ignore me and keep playing. Someone came down the stairs and I stood up thinking it was Zero.  

"Zero?" I asked but Zico and Zelo grabbed me from under the arms and sat me back down.  

"What's going on?" a voice I recognized at once asked.  

"My girlfriend came to see me!" Zelo smiled.  

"You're girlfriend? My girlfriend. I'm Zero!" Zico laughed.  

"You two jokers get off her. Here come on with me, Tommy, you can wait over here for Zero." Top said and Zico and Zero started to ignore me again. I got up and followed Top to another living room.  

"Will he be back soon do you think?" I asked.  

"You know Zero. He'll be back eventually. Is something wrong?" He asked.  

"I just really wanted to see him. It feels like forever." I said sadly.  

"You must really love him." Top smiled sweetly as he sat down in an armchair in a living room he'd taken me to. 

"I do.." I smiled too and took a seat on a couch.  

"Good. He needs it. It's hard for him here." Top said. 

"Why do you say? He always seems so happy." I said.  

"When he's with you, I'm sure he is. The other boys who live here though, well, they can be a little hard on him. And you know Zero." 

"He doesn't like conflict." I finished.  

"If you need to go I'll tell him to go see you when he gets back." Top offered as he noticed I was fidgety.  

"Yes. I would appreciate it." I smiled standing." 

"I know it's uncomfortable for you here." He said not looking at me but he seemed to acknowledge my smile and wave good bye.  

I left the house but didn't get far. Suddenly police and towns people were everywhere. They were running up onto the house and trying to get in. When they couldn't they started tearing it board from board. I was scared but couldn't do anything but watch. Until they set the house on fire.  

"Nooo!!" I shrieked and made to run back into the house. I was tackled down and hidden with someone by cover of a grassy knoll.  

"Zero! Zero!" I sobbed. I thought he was in there. 

"Shh! They'll see us!" He hissed in my ear. I looked at him.  

"Oh my gosh Zero! I thought you were-" I cried but he held me so close and squeezed so hard I could barelt breathe.  

"What did I tell you? Be quiet!" He hissed again as he released me. I pulled myself together and sniffled a bit. 

"Zero.. Your brothers." I whispered.  

"I know.. I've got to get in there." He said with a determined look. 

"I'll help you." I said. He looked at me like he wanted to protest but couldn't because he knew he needed my help. "If we can make it into the tree line we can get in through the well." He said.  

"Ok." I smiled and took his hand. He laced our fingers. Squeezed. Then I woke up.