Chapter 5 | Druglords pray too

Keywords:

Fro ji - Thank you
Ji - You
O sor me - I'm sorry
Tif - Hello
i- My
Oath - a prayer they have to say everything morning

•Sanusi

"Tell me when the cargo arrives." Emir Waziri chatted through the walkie-talkie.

He was the only Emir who boldly traded like me. I knew him to have formed a commerce alliance with my father so he would normally have me stay at the royal house of the Gasodi kingdom unlike the rest of his royal or business guests, at the royal inn, outside the palace but within the gates.

Everyone knew he was as greedy as a goblin and his urges knew no bournes. He strives to keep his city developed and apprehensive of the latest tech bought from the Disari kingdom.

The only problem is that he couldn't give out the money to the people who laboured for his personal earnings. Those who enjoyed the money were the women who were lined to visit his chambers at night to make a few trinks to take care of their families. He had a wife who knew but couldn't stop him so she pretended she didn't know to avoid getting hurt.

"Jambo Baba."

Baba? Yes, after my father he was my second dad. His wife treated me like a mother, sometimes she went overboard but it was purely out of love. She had no child so I replaced the burden of being impotent to both of them.

I stood at the top of the ship, staring at all for routes that led to the three other kingdoms and thought of taking a turn after this to Bunisa to check on Surayya.

After every fight she always apologized first, not because I was never wrong but because she always wanted peace. I wonder what enraged her to argue to the point we got to.

I take out my phone and dial her number. I try again and she answers but a male speaks.

He's laughing "Hello?"

"Excuse me."

I hang up and he dials again.

I reject the call and buzzed the pilot and told him to change routes so we could be at Bunisa by sunrise.

"Bala please watch the docks for anything suspicious and wake me up once we're in Bunisa." I lay down "The flowers can wait till tomorrow."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just need to see the Dr Gabby. We had a meeting today but I forgot."

"You're lying. But you'll tell me when you're ready."

He exits the room and leaves to his assigned post. It was already midnight and I was sure he'd had his fair share of sleep while I was up there with the other guards.

I wake up about eight hours later which was long enough to reach the docks and when I woke up everywhere was quiet. I knew something was wrong but I hadn't made my oath today and it was almost sunrise.

I quietly got off the bed and tiptoed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and say my oath right before wearing my shoes and opening the door as slowly as I can to avoid making any noise.

The stairs upwards were littered with my men who were either shot in the chest or had knife marks by the side of their necks and stomachs.

I break into a sprint to find Bala still lying on the floor, his eyes are about to close. I can see he's too weak but I didn't know why till I saw the knife poking at the side of his stomach.

"Sanusi, s-save your s-s-self. They're on the other side, of downstairs and are about to take over the ship."

"I can't leave you here."