Chapter 16 | Last Last

Keywords:
O - I
Stra - hope
Ji - you
Water fey - drown
Fraken - a wild woman who's free, wanton and sexy.
Joemba (pron. Joomba) - owner of my body
Sonaya- good evening
So - good
Naya - evening
I - my
Dora - king
Chupanji - mixed race child.
Krid-a white person.
Carnival hindé: (pron. hin-day) a day celebrating the death of Nom re Nuhu and Nom re Papa K

•Surayya

~96 hours ago~

A bright light fills the room and I can feel it weighing down my eyes. I flick it open and see Greg standing by the light switch staring at me.

He looked haggard, his hair ruffled and his eye bags told he hadn't slept for a long time.

"Where am I?" I bend my elbows on the bed to sit up but the sharp pain that shoots through my body forces me to lay back.

He runs to my side and holds my shoulders to help me down slowly "You've been hurt, be careful."

I hiss, rolling my eyes painfully "I didn't know that."

He laughs, covering his mouth quickly "I'm sorry for laughing but I do miss that sass."

"Who brought me here?" Now that I realized I was in a hospital, I needed to know the Good samaritan that kindly dropped me off here.

"Me."

You?

"Me who? Who's that?"

"Come on, stop joking." He smiles, sliding both hands down back on his fuzzy curls and sits himself on the empty chair beside my bed "Me, Greg."

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

I don't want to owe him.

After our last interaction, I knew he wasn't to be trusted.

His eyes look sad, the smile only looks pained and I wish we were on good terms so I could try to make him happier than he looked.

"How?"

"We were on the phone when I heard you crash your car. Luck.. I mean it's not good but luckily it was in front of my house."

"Well," I just had to be stupidly arrogant "I'm... thank you. I appreciate it."

"Does that makes us cool again?"

"How do you mean young sir?" I ask sarcastically.

He looks constipated when he laughs but I can tell it's forced.

"Young sir?"

"We can't be friends Greg. You lost me when you threatened to tell the whole world about a mistake I confided in you about."

"I was scared."

"Scared I'd tell everyone what you did?"