Chapter 14 | Jackie Chan

Keywords:

Sadira balls: potato mashed and fried with bread crumbs and stuffed with cream.

Fro ji- thank you

Yuwi - head covering sometimes worn in cold weather but is also fashionable. Made from silk, ties around the head with one end used to cover the face.

Surayya

"Who are you?"

"I'm just a friend."

"I don't know you."

"I'm Dami. Your course mate. I've been seeing you ar—"

I was in no mood to talk to anyone today. The one person I've been looking for has refused to return to school and won't pick my calls.

Greg has turned to a monster and I didn't know how to stop him. I couldn't get his words out of my head.

You spill, the whole Nahur will know the princess is a MURDERESS.

I hold my hand out in his face "Hold it right there."

"Please listen."

"You're all the same." I hiss, packing all my notes into my bag "Same pick-up lines, same everything. I demand originality."

He was really getting on my nerves. I don't even know who he is but if I have to use my boxing skills to use today then so be it. Greg could take the blame for this mans reason for being in the hospital by the end of the day.

"I can do that." He continues to smile despite how much I antagonized him.

"If you had that i wouldn't be such a hard case to crack."

"I just need time to prove myself."

"Excuse me." I wear my bag to the side and head straight for the elevator of the library.

He follows like a lost puppy and my anger continues to increase with the steady rate he's been talking. I press the button to open it and I enter but he squeezes in before the doors close and I almost snap the smile off his face.

"Let me show you how it feels to be with a man." He approaches me with his arms open to give me a hug.

I push him back and press the number zero for the ground floor. He doesn't stop when ignore him and he tries to lift my yuwi "Your hair must be pretty long for a fine girl like you."

That was the last straw for me.

I twist his arm immediately and kick the back of his knees to meet the floor. He thinks it's a joke so he starts laughing "Kink—" he says, right before I sucker punch him in the face.

He spits out blood and wipes his mouth "You like to play rough hmm?"

"You still think this is funny?"

I kick his chest and he falls, still smiling "What kind of fool is this?"

"I'm a fool for you." He replies.

I hit him repeatedly and continue to punch him till I'm tired, somewhat satisfied since he's stopped talking and I get out of the elevator with a deep breath.

I run for the toilet instead of the main exit to wash my hands and roll my sleeves so no one notices the stains. Just as I'm about to leave, Kareema walks in. She's on a phonecall so she doesn't notice me on sight until she ends the call when I'm already cleaning my hands with a paper towel.

"Look who the burwa dragged in." She snorts, playing with her long, twisted braids "Please talk to him ba Bala." she holds her head, laughing.

I fold my arms and lean on the wall, watching her laugh at me. All I see is her face being pounded against the wall. I smile and make for the exit before the thought of releasing my anger on her materializes to life.