14. Angus

We had taken two cars, Hector and Jamison in his whilst I accompanied Bishop, both of us silent on the journey, too much running through our minds.

We had arranged to meet with some contacts of Bishop's and Jamison men in a car park, one road behind the target.  Bishop had the lap top open on the dash, showing the tracker location, as he had decided it would take too long to download the programme to our phones, and the laptop could be carried with us, so it was showing us the way.

Bishop quickly divided us into teams and we cautiously moved, a team taking the rear of the property as we took the front, the laptop showing us our destination was a ground floor flat.  Jamison had handed us walkie talkies so we were in touch and on Bishops mark we pushed through the front door as Jamison breached the back.

It was empty...

Bishop growled as he lifted a delicate gold watch off a dresser "This is Maisie's... check everywhere" he ordered and our men started searching.

"He hasn't been gone long" Jamison informed us, his hand on the mattress "The bed is still warm, we must have only just missed him"

"Fuck!" Bishop shouted, sending two of his men out to search the local area, grabbing his phone out of his pocket as it rang. "Fraser" he barked before his tone changed. "Thank you Neave, yes I will send a car for you both, tell Mary not to worry" he snorted at whatever response he got before ringing off.

"Is she alright?" I ask and he nods.

"Mary has a clean bill of health and is wanting to come home and wanting an update on Maisie" he groans "Maisie will be devastated if anything happens to Mary"

"What now?" Hector asks from my side.

"We leave a man here and hope he returns, but I think we need to keep searching, how long before that woman arrives?
We look towards Jamison who checks his phone "2 hours" 

Bishop nods and rakes his hands through his hair "Lets get back to the house and re-group, we need to plan while we wait for her to get here, your hacker, how good is she?" he asks Jamison.
"The best I have ever come across"

"Could she track the watch back, I don't know enough about the programme or tech to do it myself but I do seem to remember the tracker pings its location every 30 minutes.  We are not going to get that access officially any quicker, so if she can..." he trails off and Jamison steps up.
"She can do it" he agrees.

We look round the flat, there was nothing here to tell us where he was, it looked like a rental place, nothing personal here except Maisie's watch and some clothes in a suitcase in the bedroom.

Picking up her watch, Bishop slips it into his pocket, his gaze scanning the room before we all head out, disappointment on all our faces as we leave, not seeing the man watching from the shadows of the building at the top of the hill.  His face set in anger as he glares down at us before turning on his heel and slipping back into the shadows.

Officer Lachlan is waiting for us back at the house when we get there, his casual dress and off roader indicating he was now off duty, what did he want.  He came towards the car when Bishop parked, both of then shaking hands once he was out of the vehicle. "What do you need me to do?" he asked him and I waited to see what he would say.

"Grid search, all the buildings, regardless of them being ruins or not, Stewarts a lazy bastard so it would have to be accessible by car, I doubt its on his land but you never know.  I've got teams searching but they don't have your training.  Where would you hide her?" Bishop told him.

We all waited as the man thought about it, "Somewhere out of bounds" he murmured his gaze searching out across the loch and hills "The range? or somewhere within the base boundaries, if he could get access" he finally said looking at Bishop.