- Happiness Is a Choice -

So there were some requests for femina and social media negativity affect plot. I combined them both .

***

" You are not coming why ? " She asked in disbelief and her makeup artist doing her makup  looked at her sternly as her loud reaction smudged the makeup . Teja pointed out 2 minutes with her finger to the artist and got up . The artist left her room and teja paced around the room

" What do you mean you are not coming ? Sunny we were supposed to be there together . How can you cancel last moment , do you not know i am nominated , i might get an award " She pestered and  she heard his sigh in response

" Sunny are you even okay  ? Did something happen ? " She asked camlmy now.

" I feel a little bit under the weather tejasswi. You go , Anyway, you are nominated , IT'S YOUR MOMENT " He stretched and she frowned .
'tejasswi? , Why was he calling her tejasswi , they didn't have a fight '

" Sunny what's the difference between mine and you- " She stopped when she reslised that the call was already cut . Her mouth remain wide open in shock
" What has  gotten into him ? " She murmured. 

It was Femina awards today and she was nominated for celebs for good category. She was already dressed , her hair were done sleek and just a  bit of makeup was left ,when he suddenly said he wasn't going to the award function. He was going there as her +1 and she was shocked to say the least.

She decided to drive to the location herself since she just bought her new car a few hours ago . She didn't want the driver to drive it and what if it gets dented , she wanted the first dent on her car by her only. Karan was there too and he was fine till he was there. What happened to him after reaching home ? What changed his mood ? She had no idea.

*****

Karan was dropped by Teja at his house by teja in her new car. She had dropped him so that he could ready and then they would leave together and he was supposed to drive to the award function.

He had some spare time so he decided to check social media. He first went to instagram and saw all the reels and posts uploaded by media houses. Some of them were mistaken that it was their car , but he clarified it was hers. He was extremely proud of her. She had been working continuously since the time they have come out and she hasn't had time to even relax. She deserved it . His laddoo deserved everything in the world

He went to twitter next and liked the media tweets first. Checking his mentions next , his mood slowly dampened. There were a lot of tweets that he saw which tagged him as an attention seeker , that he had spoiled his girlfriend's moment. Wasn't it supoosed to be a happy moment , no matter whoever's fans these was. How did people manage to pinpoint such negative things ?

He slowly got a little hurt as he read everything , all the tweets , the comments on them and his fans defending him. Everything made him doubt did he really spoil her moment ?
Should he not have been there ? Did he steal her limelight?  Did she thing the same too ?

Everything got to him slowly. His  head had started aching with all the overthinking he was doing . Massaging his temples he collapsed on his bed. A million thousand negative things going through his head.

He decided it was best to not go . Maybe he'll be stealing her moment again if he goes. He knew teja wouldn't like this , if he would tell her this she would say it was their moment , not hers alone. He knew. But he thought if there was even a single possiblity that he was being her linelight stealer , he wasn't going today. Let it be her moment only. If she gets the award ,which he was 100 % confident she would , he would find another way to celebrate  with her.