Chapter 5

5: Heading out (1)

Cale closed his eyes at the sounds he didn't understand but neither did he feel disturbed.

He was thinking for a moment.

'The novel The Birth of a Hero was written from the perspective of Choi Han.'

That’s why he can’t figure out if there was anyone traveling to the capital with the Basen Henituse in the real story.

'But the king's aide in all of people..!'

Cale freaked out at the thought that he might be involved with the king when he just wants to live quietly.

"..."

He stared at the man sitting in front of him for a while and the man didn't even notice it because he was busy watching something.

Cale then turned his gaze in the direction the man was looking.

"Meow meow nyaw!"

"Meoww...nya?"

"Meoww!"

"Nya. Meoww."

The sound of cats chatting.

Cale had been watching them if there was a problem with the white cat but it looked like they were chatting peacefully seeing how the two kittens kept answering the white one.

It had already started since the carriage started moving and he didn't understand a single thing of it.

But unlike Cale, Ciel listened to every single one of their conversations with interest.

'Can he understand it?'

Shreek.

Suddenly the carriage they were riding in stopped. Ciel and the kittens wondered what had happened while Cale still had his calm face.

'As expected, they really do show up.'

While they were rushing through a mountain range, tens of people suddenly showed up in the valley.

"Pay the toll if you want to cross this mountain!"

"Take out everything you have! If we find anything after you claim to have taken everything out, it will be 1 slap for every 1 bronze we find!"

Yes, it was the bandits.

There were bound to be bandits in a fantasy story, but the fact that there were tens of them was surprising. They probably relied on their numbers to attack this carriage, which only had 5 knights. Cale looked at Ciel and asked.

"You think they can't see the symbol on my carriage?"

Because he and Cale had never exchanged words since they left, it took a moment for Ciel to reply.

"...I think so. They're stupid."

Cale nodded his head at Ciel's assessment. He was not afraid of bandits. Why would he be?

Knock Knock.

The knocking came from the small window by the driver's seat before the window slightly opened, and Ron looked inside.

He glanced at Ciel first and quickly spoke to the young master.

"Young master, it looks like we will need to take a break. There seem to be quite a lot of rabbits here."

Rabbits. Cale shook for a moment. Ron went, 'Ah!' before smiling and added on.

"Ah, this rabbit is different from the rabbit I was going to catch for you, young master. Of course, these rabbits will not be caught by me but by other people."

Cale was being protected by someone who was scarier than the bandits. He listened to the sound of the bandits' screams coming from outside the carriage, as he started to calculate the time.

"About a day and a half."

In about a day and a half, they would arrive around the area where the Black Dragon was being tortured. It was earlier than when Choi Han arrived in the novel. This was the reason he had made them rush forward without taking any breaks.

In order to achieve the results he wanted, Cale had to choose to camp outside.

There were no villages along the way until the village near the hidden cave of the Black Dragon.

Cale then looked at Ciel who was silent even in a situation like this and asked in a calm tone.

"Are you alright with that?"

Cale and Ron could see that Ciel was smiling happily at the question.

"Sure, just take as much time as you want, young master Cale."

He wanted to laze around for a while before going back to work.