Chapter 12

12: This memorable day

The people of the Plaza City have been through their life-stake event as the terrorist incident taking place on this exact day, on their king's 50th birthday celebration.

This day sure will remain forever in the memory of those who lost their loved ones, or were greatly injured because of it.

Not to forget the Young Master Silver Shield sudden rescue that shocked people, as not even in their wildest thinking they could have thought the trash son of the Henituse family would shield people from the huge explosion.

Well, it was an event in the past.

The day begone long ago and the night grew old in the capital of the Roan Kingdom, and the dark streets and houses shows that there's none is still awake at the time.

The same goes to the royal palace. As it is past midnight, only guards are awake and guarding around in order to keep the royals safe.

The guards take a glance outside the palace and saw that all of the chambers are dark.

Except for one room.

***

"(Happy birthday to you, nya! Happy birthday to you, meow! The cake will be mine, thanks, nya~)"

Amelia sang a birthday song on the table and bow as if she is a famous singer singing a song to her two audiences and is waiting for an applause.

But she receives a criticsm instead.

"Your accent make the song horrible. And I don't bake this 3-tier cake just to enter your stomach alone."

Ciel grumbles as he decorates the cake with berries and chocolates. Zed who places plates on the table said in a soft smile.

"I never heard that kind of lyrics before."

Amelia smiles as she heard it but then Ciel quickly comments.

"I don't think that is a compliment."

Zed watches as the two who are hundreds years older than him argued over little things everytime they got the chance and it was another normal view for him.

It is such a peaceful night so they held a birthday party for Zed. Only the three were there with no other royals nor the maids as Ciel is the one who prepared all the foods.

The table is ready and Amelia quickly stuff her mouth with the cake and other dishes and Ciel simply pay her no mind. He sipped his wine and wished in a calm tone.

"Happy birthday."

"(Happy birthday, nya!)"

Zed glanced at the two of them and laughs quietly.

"No people on my age actually celebrate their birthday anymore."

People only held birthday parties for the children, and of course, he isn't talking about the nobles because they celebrate them till they died.

Hearing that, both Amelia and Ciel hummed in confusion.

"(What? Why not!)"

"Aren't humans love to celebrate their birthdays every year?"

Because in their eyes, Zed is a child.