Chapter 13

13: Meow, hehe.

The next ten days.

The first thing Ciel and Amelia heard as soon as they leave their room is the sound of people crying.

"Aide-nim, where are you going..? We can't live without your snacks!"

"Nooo don't go, aide-nim! We're sorry because we chased you out of the kitchen before, just because we foolishly don't know your skills, so don't leave us..!"

The royal cooks.

"We won't be getting to pet Amelia-nim anymore, no.."

"Our source of happiness while working will be gone, hiks."

"I don't want to say goodbye to my goddess yet."

The maids.

"There won't be a cat that will bring us delicious cookies when it comes to visit the garden anymore."

And even the gardeners.

The news that the two will leave spreads in a strange way. Ciel then glared at Amelia with a 'this must be your doing,' look. She tried to delay their leave again.

Amelia acts as if she didn't understand what the meaning behind his gaze and meowed cutely.

"Sigh, then I shall give everyone a farewell gift."

Only after then the palace staffs' faces cheer up.

***

"(Lunch~ It is lunchtime, nya!)"

She enters the palace kitchen happily and soon saw Ciel that have already collapsed on the floor.

"(Meow?! Deja vu, oh friend, are you still alive?)"

She poked his body only to get a quiet hums. She know that he bake a lot of pastries just by looking at the kitchen's condition.

"(Just how much people have you feed, nya? I'm worried if we go to a journey with you're like this. So how about we leave tomo-)"

"Don't even dream about it."

Amelia grinned as she watch the other struggling to get up.

"I will have a short nap and wake up in the evening. We will leave after then so please don't disturb my sleep. And there's your lunch on that table."

Amelia quickly went to the pointed table and was delighted. Then she saw another pastry beside her meal.

"Please deliver that to Alberu after your lunch."

"(You baked for the royals too? And why didn't anyone comes to bring it to him?)"

"They don't go to his palace, they said."

And then he left.

***

Amelia walked to the Roan Kingdom's crown prince chamber with careful steps. Once she arrived, she meowed for a minute and then went in by herself as there's no sign of someone inside.

She sat on a table and take a peek of what kind of pastry Ciel bake for that prince.

"(Uwoo, it's cookies!)"