Chapter 7

7: I finally heard something about you (1)

A few days later.

Their next destination was Puzzle City. It was the city that was the center of the transportation of goods in the East, and it was pretty famous for the number of rock towers around the city.

Cale looked down after feeling something tapping at his leg. He could see the golden pupils of the kittens shining, as the kittens started to speak.

"I heard from Hans earlier."

"Hans said."

Hans still didn't know that the kittens were Cat Tribe kittens, and continued to say all sorts of things in front of the kittens. The kittens seemed to want to tell him something they had heard Hans say.

Breath.

The three of them then looked at Ciel and Amelia who were sound asleep. Seeing this, On and Hong did not hesitate to speak freely with Cale.

"What?"

The siblings seemed to have gotten used to Cale's rude way of asking, and started to speak.

"If you make a wish at a rock tower, it will come true."

"He said the rock towers were pretty."

"I want to go. But it's okay if it is too annoying."

"I want to go with you, but it's okay if it is too difficult."

Cale blankly stared at the fidgety kittens before casually asking.

"What kind of wish do you have?"

Hong shook his fur, that was now healthier and shinier thanks to getting good treatment from Hans, and shouted out with excitement.

"That everybody, including my new little brother-"

"Dismissed."

Cale immediately started to ignore the kittens and turned away from them.

***

It's been a few days since they arrived in the Puzzle City.

The two cute kittens walked past the doors of the inn room with sullen faces. Because Hans has lied to them, they currently avoid him and realized that they had nothing to do because Cale left with Choi Han.

So they are currently on their way to play with Ciel and Amelia but unfortunately, as soon as they enter their room, the kittens see them both on the bed, asleep.

They quietly climbed into bed and sat next to the sleeping white cat.

"They slept all the way here too, nya."

"Probably because of a motion sickness."

The siblings nodded and continued talking in a low voice.

"Noona, do you think the youngest is still following us?"

"He's probably with Cale right now."

"I think so too... do you think he ate well?"

"He must be fine, nya. Cale said the dragons are great and smart."

"Yes... huh, noona!"

The kittens were startled when a pair of black eyes that looked at them with interest suddenly appeared from behind On.

"(Dragons?)" Amelia yawned and asked.

"Uh.. did we wake you? We're sorry."

"(Oh, it doesn't matter. Aside from that, are you two talking about dragons?)"

"That's right ... um, have you ever seen one, Amelia-nim?"

"(Please call me just Amelia! Let's see... a dragon, huh? Ugh... I think I've seen something similar... ah, forget about it. A dragon and that creature can't possibly be equated.)"

As she muttered about something, she glanced at the sleeping Ciel and asked back to the siblings.

"So, have you two seen a dragon?"

The kittens looked so excited to answer it.

"Yes! And he looks so sweet..! Um, and maybe a little mighty, nya."

"His eyes are so beautiful and his black scales..."

They continue to tell about the cuteness of the dragon and their awkwardness towards Amelia disappears without a trace. Soon, they take Amelia to Hans for a snack. Hans who finally saw the siblings cried happily as his hands were full of jerky and meat.

***

"Meow."

Ciel's thin body was gently shaken by Amelia. He groaned a little, still half -conscious.

"(Sigh. I know you still have a headache, but wake up for a moment, I got a clue why Zed told us to do all this.)"

"..."

Ciel just wanted to resume sleeping, but Amelia's tongue was faster.

"(I could feel the presence of a dragon recently... but you know, it's very vague and weak.)"

"..."

"(Ehem, it's a coincidence, but I've got the certainty that I'm feeling right.)"

She continued.

"(And from what I've heard, it's a baby black dragon ...)"

"...."

Seeing his body shook under the blanket, Amelia smiled playfully.

"(Didn't I get some more interesting information? Ehehehe. How about that, Mr. Red Dragon ?)"

"..."

No reply at all. Amelia knew that his condition was a bit bad so she didn't expect much reaction from him. She then patted Ciel's back several times using her right paw.

"(No need to thank me, nya. Let's eat together and talk about this after you wake up tomorrow. Good night.)"

And just like that, he fell asleep again.