Chapter 9

9: I finally heard something about you (3)

Cale's group finally reached Huiss, the capital of the Roan Kingdom. The journey was both slow and fast.

Ciel and Amelia separated from Cale's group before they entered the southern part of Huiss, where the nobles lived and made their own way to the castle.

***

"Venion Stan..."

Ciel's hand flipped through the document.

Venion Stan is the power-hungry second son of the  Marquis Stan, the latter who actually holds all of the power in the unnamed Viscount's territory located directly next to the Henituse territory. He crippled his own brother, Taylor, in order to overtake the position as heir to the Stan family...

"(Meow? Isn't this the guy who was with the priestess?)"

Amelia pointed to a picture of Taylor with her paw and Ciel nodded.

"Yes."

'Now that I think about it, this is the person who almost killed the old man before.'

That was a very bad first impression of him.

'He also crippled his brother just to be the heir? What a bastard. Like that guy- ugh.'

The two then stared at the half century old blonde man. Ciel asked, with a hint of anger in his voice.

"Since when and how did you know Blackie was there?"

The king, Zed, smiled and leaned back on the couch before answering.

"It was just a coincidence that my men reported this."

"...is that so."

"Based on your reaction, it seems that young master Henituse saved him or something?"

"That's right."

Amelia started to worry when she saw Ciel's weak replies. They were told that the black dragon had been tortured by this Venion Stan and she was also angry.

'That kid has been through a lot.'

She had been looking at her paws for a while.

Zed observed their faces in silence. It was unusual for the two of them to come to his study room as soon as they arrived in the capital so he was a bit surprised.

'But the fact that the young master Henituse saved the black dragon was also unexpected.'

Ciel, who had finished reading, placed the document on the table and rose from his seat.

"I think I want to meet this person."

"Hm. Yes, sure."

Ciel nodded and had reached the exit with Amelia when Zed called out to him again with a sad smile.

"What is it?"

"Just a small request."

***

Ciel looked into the mirror while wearing the servant clothes he had borrowed earlier and stared at the color of his hair and eyes.

'Maybe I should get rid of these dyed colors... sigh, forget about it.'

He looked back and asked.

"How do I look?"

"(It's perfect. But why are you suddenly dressed as a servant, nya?)"

"I'm going to the banquet."

"(And you're going to leave me alone?)"

Amelia was arranging the dishes on the table when she said that in a sad tone.

"Hey, I left you with food. If you don't want it, I'll put it all back."

Amelia immediately smiled and shook her head at the threat.

"(Mnyehehe, thanks for the food.)"

Amelia then looked at Ciel's complexion and asked.

"(Are you going to be fine on your own?)"

"Of course."

"(Alright then.)"

Ciel looked at the clock and there was still half an hour before 5. He calmly walked to the gathering place which was the Palace of Joy.

He remembered the past when Zed's first prince was born and that man built a palace as a sign of joy.

Although he seemed to favor the third prince now, Ciel knew that he would still give the throne to Alberu.

He approached the guards and said that he was the servant assigned to announce the entry of the nobles.

"Is that so? Go to your position now, the nobles will be here soon."

Ciel nodded and soon after, the carriages came.

15 minutes passed and he had announced quite a few noble names. A carriage arrived again and a familiar face got off it.

'Oh? That's young master Cale- hm?'

It just so happened that someone else arrived at the palace right when Cale arrived.

The person got off his carriage and approaches Cale while Ciel tried to remember who he was.

'Ah, Neo Tolz.'

His eyes became cold as he remembered the contents of the document.

'The village that Blackie was tortured in belonged to Viscount Tolz.'