Prologue

PROLOGUE

Feeling the cold, a bit light, breeze running across my cheeks, I only slightly remembered the dream I had just woken myself up from.
... Mhhm...

Feeling a bit dazed and still as if asleep, I was trying to stand up from whatever soft thing I was lying on. It had only barely fazed me that this didn't feel like the bed I'm used to, but the scents around me have made me open my eyes to finally see.

With a sharp pain right in my back, I wondered where did the breeze come from earlier, and in a white room I was seeing, I could hear several voices being really quiet just before there was a voice urgently saying:
"It's awake. How is it awake? I gave her a whole dose." "Just like with others."

With silence as a response, I could hear someone rushing in just about two seconds later, and before I could turn around even with my current state of dazy being, I felt something immediately, as a storm coming, push me back down as soon as it possibly could step its feet into the room. It felt as if with each movement towards me from behind, the floor under the two of us shook whole, but before I could react, the now drooling all over me creature has put its head near mine, making me close my eyes from fear, and without noticing anything else nearing us, I could instantly feel a very sharp pain, unlike any I remember feeling, in the spot of my temple, with the pain moving to the other temple.

-

Dream

For a second, I could, one more time, see more than only clearly the silhouette of a person disappearing behind the trees of the woods, and I, for the time as quick as a moment, wondered how much time do I have left before the sun goes down completely.
With a sudden feeling of being watched, I turned around, seeing the forest surrounding the now big circle of plain grass I was standing in, and with a strange feeling within my guts, I followed the person whom I could see look away two seconds after they've seen I'm looking at them. Ignoring the shouting behind me, I walked closer to the forest, and with reaching the first trees, I looked around the forest to see them.
That's odd... Weren't they on the opposite side? I thought, being utterly confused by where they now were.
I could see them turn round, and seeing me, I could notice a slight, yet unsure, smile he had put on. Now being able to see his features better, I didn't immediately recognize who it is, yet I could tell I had to know them from somewhere.
Turning round, getting to walking yet again, I followed the blond haired guy farther into the woods.

-

"Give it a higher dose."

"We've already gave her as much as we can. One more and she's gonna die."

-

Dream

I looked at mom, trying to understand her confused expression.
She's normal.... She's my friend.
"I don't think this..." she looked the girl with the hair of turquoise up and down, stopping at her foot. Normal . My friend is normal.
She is. Normal.
"pretty girl," I see her fake a smile, "can stay. We don't have room. I'm..." she twisted the smile into a frown before she turned round, running away, totally already bursting into tears, "sorry."

-

"Someone put the stupid dog down!!"

With hissing and growling noises, I could also hear another person screaming.

"That bitch bit my hand!" "My shoulder!"
"In chains!"
"They don't work!"
"What?!"
"We need stronger chains, he's stronger!"
"God fucking damnit."

With the loudest screech I have ever heard, the door shut as fast as possible, ultimately breaking a bit, and I heard it fly back open even faster than it hit before.
With hearing indescribable sounds and noises from the other room, I tried to open my eyes, but with how heavy my eyelids felt, I just couldn't.

"Someone hold her!"

Feeling something touch my hand, I tried to sit up, but I was forced to be still by something that I both felt since the moment I came awake and that didn't budge no matter the force I was trying to push through with. It's only made both of my ankles along with my wrists hurt, and I squealed in pain.
Hearing human screams from God knows where, I tried to sit up again until I felt something literally bite into my hand.

This time suffering but staying in silence, I finally managed to open my eyes, turning my head to the side. Seeing the horribly obnoxious light, I had to close them again, still having no idea nor where I am or how I got here.
I was capable of feeling something strong pushing me further into whatever I was lying on, before the feeling as if my hand was being completely ripped apart made me immediately lose consciousness.

AAH!