16. Part

Gore warning

***

16. Part

2. ACT

Fear biting down on each part of my body, both outside and in, with my ear drums I was hearing the constant never ending applause of the people. Along with their breath exhales that they have suddenly let out, everything in the building suddenly echoed as the man on the stage, whom I was supposed to be getting closer to, took a deep and loud breath in.

I wish he didn't say anything..

The words that had come out of his mouth have caused every bone of mine to shake at the sound of the voice, and I silently refused to look at the audience:

"And now, finally! As many of you, surely, know, we have a freshly found Freak! And she isn't alone!"

Who?

What?

Wait, what's going on..?

I still refused to look at anything else than the floor, not letting my confusion and curiosity be known to anybody other than me.

Maybe if I looked, I would see scarier and more gut-wrenching things than I already have.

Who's going to be there?

"Our Lovely Freak loves to eat things cold!" He continued to shout at the spectators, in a somewhat successful attempt to keep their attention.

I knew it...

And they've just replaced the Blue Beast for somebody else, haven't they?

As I kept my sight on the floor of the stage I was standing on, I have managed to avoid, with my eyes, acknowledging the ringleader's nearing feet.

My posture at this moment not very straightened, rather slightly bent, I could hear several human gasps, as they seemed to be reacting to what he has announced.

I'm getting dizzy...

My mind was swirling with many thoughts, yet everything felt numb.
I did know what to expect, as I didn't think they would manage to think of anything worse for me to do.

I'm not supposed to be here.

Am I?

I was still not, internally, comprehending what I was, again, about to be doing.
But I did not remember the last time I have eaten anything, which was something that I was suddenly realizing.
And knowing what I would be fed, did not quench the hunger nor the emptiness I had been feeling.

I wish I was dead right here.

Suddenly, everything around me fell into complete silence along with the man's final heavy footsteps, as my eyes have caught the shadow of his body right next to me, just before he has led me toward the middle of the stage, and with his one hand, grabbed me by the left shoulder and used his other hand to tighten his now grip around my chin, rapidly turning my gaze towards the thrilled people already looking at us, managing to straighten my backs' posture up a bit.

After only a second of my sight on him, it was more than clear to me that I would have had to look up to see his face properly. I didn't remember him being this tall the first time I've had the chance to see him.

Only now I have had the chance to see that I have entered the stage through a seemingly opposite side than I had the first time I was here.

Just the sight of the giant room has made me dizzier, as I was feeling their sharp curious stares upon me.