chapter three

TW: eating disorder,homophobia,selfharm

"NAOMI!" nick shouted. "WHAT?" she yelled back. "YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE, AGAIN." he shouted. she got out of bed and put on her clothes, she applied mascara and lipgloss. she brushed her teeth and walked downstairs. "breakfast?" her mum asked. "uh, no thanks." she said, she grabbed her bag and put on her shoes. she ran into the hall and brushed out her hair. "bye mum!" she said.

the two walked out. "no breakfast again today?" nick asked. "nope." she said. "mimi, i'm seriously worried about you." he said. "nick, seriously. i'm okay." she said, looking him deep in the eyes. he sighed. "just, if you need to.. talk to me okay." he said. "i will, nick." she smiled. they walked up to truham yet again. nick started texting charlie. "who you texting?" imogen asked. "your mum?" nick said. naomi chuckled. "wow, great joke nicholas. who are you texting?" she said. reaching for his phone. "don't!" he said, "come one, who's DM's have you slid into?" she said. "i haven't, god." he said, okay. naomi had to admit, she found imogen kinda annoying. "well okay fine...he's definitely chirpsing someone.." she said, the boys started laughing. naomi rolled her eyes. "right, i'm off. bye nick." she said, "bye mimi." he said. she grabbed her bag and walked off.

she walked into her form class. "naomi." the teacher said, "here." naomi said. naomi opened her phone, she opened the group chat. they sent a photo of naomi and wrote pig all over it. she looked up to see a group of girls laughing. she looked down and turned off her phone. she walked into the art room. she was almost finished painting her piece. "can i go to the toilet mrs?" she asked. "of course, naomi." she replied.

naomi walked down the stairs into the toilet. she sat in the cubical and started drawing stars on her thighs, she opened the groupchat.

she saw a picture of her painting with "faggot" and "pig." painted all over it. "shit!" she said as she opened the cubical door and ran up the stairs. she ran into the art room. the same group of girls were in the corner laughing. naomi walked up to them. "what is your problem?" she said. "nothing." one of them said. "we're just calling you out for what you really are." another girl chimed in. she clenched her jaw and dug her fingernails into her hands. "girls, get back to work." the art teacher said. naomi walked to her table. tears formed in her eyes but she didn't dare let them fall. the bell finally rang for lunch. she threw the painting in the bin and walked outside.

her phone beeped

nicky💙

eat something.

i don't want too.

you have to.

i'm not going to.

why not? what happened?

*attached 1 image*

who did that?

some girls in my class. they just did it over my painting.

are these the same girls from that groupchat?

how do you know about that??

overheard some year nines talking about it. are you okay, mimi?

not really :) great to hear truham boys are talking about it.

i'm so sorry. hang in there, please.

no promises x

okay, just stay safe, don't do anything stupid, okay? xx

okay x

naomi decided she was just going to sign out of school for the day. she walked out and called her mum.

when she got home she ran up into her room. she curled up into a ball and started crying. she eventually fell asleep.

•••

"naomi!!" her mum shouted. "yeah?" she said, sleepily. "i'm just going to get nick!" she shouted. "okay!!" naomi replied. she opened her phone up, she went onto the groupchat and blocked everyone, then left. someone kept adding her back.

just leave me alone!! what more do you want from me??

we want to hear you say you're a faggot.

she turned off her phone. she threw it on the floor and started sobbing again.

she grabbed scissors off her desk and brought it closer to her wrist. her vision was blurry and her hearing was muffled, everything was spinning. "naomi!" nick said, grabbing them off her. everything became clear again. "what the hell are you doing, my god!!" he said. "i don't know." she whispered. he pulled her into a hug. "is it because of them girls." he said. "they're making my life living hell, nick. i don't know what to do anymore." she cried. "they're the reason i'm not sleeping, the reason i'm not eating, the reason i'm scared to go to school and the reason why i'm self harming. i don't know what to do, nick." she sobbed. "it's okay, mimi, it's okay." he said, rubbing her back. "i'm never going back there!!" she screamed. "shhh....it's okay." he said. "it's okay, mimi. i've got you, i've got you...don't worry, no one's gunna hurt you." he said, soothingly. "i just want to be normal." she squeaked. nick looked down. he sighed and hugged her tighter. he felt so bad for naomi. her life was a literal hellhole. just because he was her brother. he felt like a burden. "you're not a burden, you know." naomi said, it was like she read his mind. "you could never be a burden, nick. you have always been here for me." she said. "i love you." she whispered. "i love you too, mimi." he said.

yet again, poor naomi was crying into her older brothers chest.

•••

"naomi! nick! dinner." their mum shouted. "do you want to try and eat some today?" he asked. she missed food. so fucking much.
she nodded. "yeah." she said, "come on." he said.

the pair walked down the stairs. her mum had dinner plated up on the table. she sat next to nick. she picked up a fork and shoveled up some of the rice. her mum ate in the living room, she was watching netflix.

"you can do this. i know this is so difficult for you, but i believe in you." nick smiled, patting her back. she smiled back. she lifted the fork up to her mouth and ate the rice. she chewed it slowly. nick was grinning like the cheshire cat. "what...i ate like the smallest forkful of rice ever." naomi laughed. "it's something and i am so proud of you...but i want you to see someone, a professional." he said. she looked down. "okay.." she sighed. she ate a few more forkfuls. nick finished his. "i think that's enough." she said. "that's okay, naomi, you did good. i'm so proud of you." nick said. "thanks, nicky." she smiled. he chuckled. "you wanna go to charlie's tomorrow?" he asked. "i wouldn't want to interfere." she said, "actually, charlie asked." he said, "really? in that case...yes." she smiled. nick nodded and they both walked upstairs.

naomi went into her room and lay in her bed. she closed her eyes and drifted off.

with a full stomach and a happy heart.

i am aware this could be cringe. so i hope it's not:,)