chapter five

TW: sexual assault,anxiety attack

once the school day was over, naomi

once the school day was over, naomi. went upstairs and hopped in the shower. she brushed out her hair, dried it and curled it.
she put on a random outfit, if she was being honest, she didn't really want to go..but she's known harry for like four years now, so she had to.

she put on earrings and a bit of makeup, mascara and lipgloss. she pulled on her cardigan and walked downstairs. she looked at herself in the big mirror. she thought she looked bigger then usual, but she didn't. she saw her scars on her thighs, she attempted to pull down her skirt, but it didn't work. it was just meant to be a short skirt. nick walked downstairs, "ready?" he said. "yep." she said. "bye mum!" they said, "bye kids! have fun!" she replied. the pair walked out the door.

they walked into st georges hotel. it was loud and crowded. naomi was finding it hard to breathe. "you okay?" nick asked. "uh, yeah, yeah, i'm fine." she said. she walked over to one of the sofas and sat down. soon after she got up to get a drink. she saw harry dancing. "you're a terrible dancer, harry." she laughed. "that's very rude." he replied. "cry." she joked. she started talking to nick.

imogen came up. "hii!!" she said, hugging nick. "do you like my dress?" she asked. "uh, yeah." nick said. she smiled and walked off. a while later he started looking for charlie, they finally found him. "i've been looking for you!" nick said. "i've been looking for you." charlie smiled.

they sat on a sofa and started talking about mario kart. "i literally dragged my mu--" nick started. "nicholasss." harry said. "alright mate?" he asked, "why you hanging out in here?? bit boring isn't it?" harry said. naomi rolled her eyes. "we just...are?" nick said. "got some important news for you." harry laughed, sitting next to naomi "yeah, what?" nick said. "tara jones is here." he smirked. the boys started whooping and cheering. she looked at him and back at harry. "so what?" nick said, uninterested. "so...this your big second chance mate. let's make it happen." harry said. he turned to charlie. "they kissed when they were thirteen, proper romantic!" harry laughed. "he should go for it, right?" he asked. charlie looked at him and then at the floor. "come on mate!" harry said. "harr--" nick said, he was quickly cut off. "come on, shes only down the corridor." he said. naomi stood up. "i haven't talked to her for years." harry said. "so? she's super hot man." he said. naomi followed the pair, walking beside nick.

"you remember nick nelson right." harry said, tara looked at naomi, she just shrugged. tara looked back at the boys. "uh yeah hi." she said. harry and naomi walked away. she hit his arm. "what??" he said. "what on earth possessed you into thinking tara jones would date nick?" she said. harry shrugged and laughed, naomi walked over to charlie. he walked off. "charlie!" she said. he got lost in a group of people. she ran over to nick as he was walking away. "what just happened?" she asked. "harry was being homophobic towards charlie." he said. naomi clenched her jaw. "oh." she replied

•••

the two split up in an attempt to find harry, she walked into someone. "sorry." she said, they chuckled. she turned around, it was ben. she tried walking away. he grabbed her hair and pushed her against a wall. "i know you still like me, naomi." he said. "i don't." he replied, he walked closer to her. "yes you do." he whispered in her ear. he started kissing her jaw. "i'm not having a repeat of last year just please get off!!" she said, trying to push him. he wouldn't budge, he moved his hand up her skirt. everything was blurry. "please just get off of me!!" she shouted, "always minding your manners. you should know your place, you fag." ben said. "i told to you to get off!!" she said, kicking him in the balls. "please." she said, sarcastically as she ran away.

she ran into the main hall again. everything was blurry, the music was deafening and the lights were blinding. she was sweaty and breathing heavily, her heart was racing and her mouth was dry. she felt like she was going to pass out, whenever she walked she almost fell. her knees were giving way. she ran over to where all the drinks were. she grabbed one and started drinking it. once her mouth regained moisture, the dizziness went away. she was walking into people. she still felt out of place, she didn't feel real. she didn't remember how she got here or who she was with, she wanted to go home. she started crying, her heart was beating out of her chest. she sat down on one of the sofas. she couldn't breathe properly. "naomi?" nick said. she looked up. she was forced back into reality. "hi." she said. "what's wrong?" charlie asked. "uhm nothing." she said. "something happened." nick said. "it's nothing, i'm fine." she said. "naomi seriously." nick said. "i just ran into ben okay. but i'm fine." she said. "ben?" nick said. "yeah, but it's fine. i guess i dealt with it." she said. "naomi, please stop staying stuff is fine when it's not." charlie said. she looked down. "i kicked him in the balls before he could actually like you know..uh..uh do anything." naomi said. nick walked up to her. "i'm proud of you." he said. she smiled at him. "i'm gunna get some fresh air." she said. "okay." nick said.

she got up of the sofa and walked outside. she sat on one of the steps and the cool air hit her. she opened up her phone and saw a photo of her on the groupchat.

the fags at harrys party

oh my god..does she look good??

what do you think? she looks like a pig.

i'm bisexual. is that what you want to hear?
there, i like girls and i like guys.

she texted, she left the group.
she knew that would just make her more of a target, but she couldn't care less.

she saw charlie come out. he got in a car. "charlie!!" she said, running up to the car. "are you okay?" she asked. he nodded. she ran into the party again. she ran upstairs and found nick. "nick!! what happened?" she asked. "i don't know." he said. she engulfed him in a hug. "are you okay?" she asked. "uh, yeah." he sighed. "you wanna get out of here?" she asked. "yeah." nick said. she nodded.

the two walked home. their mum was asleep on the sofa. they quietly walked upstairs. naomi changed into pyjamas. she was doodling when a knock fell on her door. "come in." she said, it was nick. "what's wrong?" she asked, sitting up. he sat on the edge of her bed. "i...i kissed charlie." he said. "really?" she asked. "yeah.." he said. "i'm so happy for you!!" she smiled. he smiled. "i really like him, but i'm still scared of what others think." he said. "screw them, if you really like him, then act on that..who cares what others think. take it from me. the whole school knows i'm bisexual and honestly, i've never felt more free, even if people bully me." she said. nick smiled. "nick... nothing is more beautiful than when someone finds comfort in their own identity." naomi said. nick nodded. "you should write books." he said. she chuckled. "maybe i will." she said.

nick hugged her and left.

naomi was right, of course she was right.

nick needed to feel free and happy.