chapter fourteen

naomi woke up to her head pounding

naomi woke up to her head pounding. she had a cut on her lip and a bruise around her eye. she wasn't bothered trying to cover it up. she got dressed and walked downstairs. "how are you?" nick asked. "well apart from the fact i feel like shit, not bad." she jested, grabbing paracetamol. she grabbed three tablets and popped them out of the case. she put them in her mouth and took a gulp of water. she sat at the table and put on her shoes. "you gunna eat anything?" nick asked. "nah, i don't feel good at all." she chuckled. she touched her lip. it hurt like a bitch. she looked at her knuckles, they were bruised and scabbed. "great." she sighed. she grabbed her bag, nick put his bowl in the sink and they left. "bye nick." she said. "bye naomi." he replied as he quickly walked into truham. naomi walked to higgs.

she met lillie at the gate. "holy shit what happened to you?" she asked. "harry greene happened." naomi said. "he was being extremely homophobic to charlie so...i kinda fought him." she said, walking into form. "did you fight harry greene?" a girl asked. "yes." naomi replied. naomi rested her head on lillies shoulder. lillie grabbed her hand and put her head on naomis

they stayed like that for a while.

•••

they walked onto the canteen for lunch. "woahhh." tara said. "how did that happen?" darcy asked. "i fought harry greene." naomi laughed. "you fought harry greene." tara said. "yeah. he was saying homophobic stuff to charlie and i was sick of his crap so..." naomi said. "badass!!" darcy laughed. naomi chuckled. "do you want some of this?" lillie asked. "oh, no i had a big breakfast, thanks though." she said. "oh, okay." lillie smiled. they sat on the grass. naomi got a notification.

charlie spring

i'm sorry.

you have nothing to be sorry about, charlie, i chose to do that. take care of yourself please x

you didn't need to fight him, naomi

i know. he was just..he said some nasty things and i just proper lost it. he acts like he's god. he thinks he can push people around like it's nothing, me nor nick was going to let that happen. i'm willing to do anything to help a friend, charlie x